Indie publisher Digerati has confirmed that Nefarious, an anarchic cartoon-style 2D action-platformer, is headed to Nintendo Switch next month.
Developed by StarBlade and released in 2017 on Steam (on which it has a ‘very positive’ rating), Nefarious has players taking the role of Crow, an evil genius on an epic quest to steal princesses for his royalty-powered death ray. Yep, that's right, you're not saving the princess in this game - you're the one stealing her away.
There are five different kingdoms to explore in the game, with players needing to stomp on heroes in battle. Instead of taking down an evil foe to progress, you'll be the one acting as the boss. There are all sorts of different ammo types for your weapon, customisation options, and even a secret ending to find. You can check out all the details in this feature list below.
- You’re the villain! Kidnap princesses! Take over the world!
- Lovingly crafted 2D animation and illustrated backdrops
- Reverse boss battles let you fight against the hero
- Globe-hop between five different kingdoms
- Unlock different ammo types for your grenade launcher
- Mix and match customization options for your explosive punches
- Uncover mysteries to unlock a secret ending!
- Story that spoofs the video game trope of princess kidnapping
The game is set to be available from 13th September on Nintendo Switch.
Will you be taking down the heroes and stealing the princess all to yourself next month? Let us know what you think of the idea behind this one in the comments below.