Route 59 Games has revealed a brand new trailer for its upcoming visual novel Necrobarista, a game headed to switch in "early 2019".
In a magical Melbourne cafe, the dead have returned for one last night and one last cup of coffee. In this cel-shaded visual novel and adventure game hybrid, players are asked to take a break and enjoy a hot drink with a host of colourful characters - both living and dead. Dynamically-shot story vignettes set the scene, before allowing you to explore a supernatural setting in greater detail with 3D point-and-click adventure sessions.
The trailer certainly sets up what could be an interesting adventure to explore, but gameplay details are still rather few and far between this far away from the game's launch. If the anime-inspired visuals have you intrigued, however, you might want to check out this feature list below.
- Stylised cinematic presentation inspired by anime aesthetics.
- Discover the world of fantasy Melbourne through dozens of intersecting stories.
- Explore the Terminal through free-roaming first-person scenes.
- Featuring Goon-sack robots, Alchemical coffee, and Ned Kelly.
- Soundtrack by Kevin Penkin, composer for Under the Dog, Norn9, and Made in Abyss.
- Multi-lingual support: English, Chinese, and Japanese.
Do you have any early impressions on this one that you'd like to share? Let us know your thoughts below.