Mango Protocol, the studio behind the Psychotic Adventures, has announced that it will be bringing the first game of the series to Switch - MechaNika.
You might be familiar with the studios work through Agatha Knife - which just so happens to be the second game in this series. Mango Protocol says that the decision to bring the original game over to Switch as well was partly due to the "overwhelming number of requests" it received from the community. We enjoyed the humour and writing behind Agatha Knife, so we're glad to see this game headed to the console, too.
This time around, players join Nika, another sassy 7-year old girl on a quest to find components for a deadly metal weapon to destroy all the things in the world she doesn't like. MechaNika offers another darkly sarcastic adventure with its own set of characters, each with their own twisted story. There are many puzzles with different ways to be solved, and lots more hand-drawn visuals to admire.
The team is currently remastering all the cutscene visual artwork and tweaking some platform-specific elements under the hood. Mango Protocol has kindly informed us to expect the game to launch on Switch in just a few weeks. Great news indeed!
- A different adventure where you will join Nika in her quest to destroy the world. Go for it!
- Lots of really fascinating characters with their own stories. Meet them!
- Extremely cool and colourful visuals, all hand-drawn!
- You will face many puzzles with different ways to be solved. Choose yours!
- References to many other video games, anime series, movies and music bands. Can you spot them all?
- Seriously, you shouldn't skip the chance to play this game.
We expect to hear confirmation of a specific release date soon but, until then, why not let us know if you're excited for this one coming to Switch in the comments below.