A heavy metal infused action-platformer titled Valfaris is coming to the Switch eShop later this year, following its original reveal in 2017. It's being released by indie publisher Digital Uppercut, and is the next game from the team behind Slain: Back from Hell. At this point in time, there's no exact launch date.
It promises everything you would expect, with brutal combat, deadly enemies, intricate 2D pixel art and a "savage" soundtrack. The story is about how the fortress Valfaris has been transformed into a living hell. You take on the role of Therion, who returns home to discover its doomed fate and challenge the arcane evil.
Below are the key features and screenshots of the game:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Does heavy metal platforming combined with brutal combat sound like your kind of game? Tell us in the comments below.