Unties has announced that Tokyo Dark: Remembrance is headed to Nintendo Switch in "winter 2018", a director's cut of the PC mystery adventure.
Tokyo Dark is an anime-style horror that follows Detective Itō across Tokyo as she searches for the truth behind her partner's strange disappearance. Featuring puzzles, stat management, and difficult decisions, Tokyo Dark puts the narrative in the hands of the player. Your decisions change Itō's character, and can eventually lead to more than 10 different endings, some of which have been newly added in this special edition.
That's not all that's new, either, as this new edition on Switch is set to feature all-new story chapters which complete the mysteries left by the original. Here's a list of game features to give you some more info:
- Branching story with more than 10 different endings (including a New Game+ exclusive ending).
- Difficult decisions - every action affects Detective Itō's attributes and options.
- Beautiful anime-style character art, with locations inspired by real locations in Tokyo.
- Original soundtrack by Reign of Fury frontman Matt 'Bison' Steed.
- Animated sequences produced by Graphinica, a world-class animation studio.
- Localization by Japanese novelist Ureshino Kimi.
- The S.P.I.N (Sanity, Professionalism, Investigation, Neurosis) system keeps track of every decision you make, changing how other characters react and the actions available to you.
The game's original Steam launch trailer from last year shows a little more in terms of gameplay, so feel free to check that out below if you're interested, too. Tokyo Dark has received "very positive" reviews on the platform.
Does Tokyo Dark: Remembrance look right up your street? Let us know if you'll be exploring Tokyo this winter with a comment below.