Pocket Trap and Modus Games have today announced that Ninjin: Clash of Carrots, a chaotic side-scrolling game full of fast-paced combat, is coming to Switch.
Set on a fantasy continent inspired by the Japanese Feudal era, Ninjin: Clash of Carrots aims to lighten up the beat-’em-up genre with a pleasing dose of comedy, throwing in a healthy side of customisation options for good measure. Players must battle through side-scrolling worlds as Ninjin, a charismatic bunny, or Akai, a ninja fox, to recover your village’s stolen carrots. The horror!
You'll be taking down numerous enemies and bosses, collecting carrots along the way which can be spent to purchase new equipment, special weapons, tons of masks and other items. You can also choose from a wide variety of equipment, suiting and booting your character to better defeat your opponents. The game's official feature list is a pretty hefty one, so we'll let that do the talking from here on out:
– Be a Ninja. Play as either Ninjin, the charismatic rabbit, or Akai, the ninja fox, and fight across a feudal Japan to defeat the evil Shogun Moe and retrieve the carrots he’s stolen!
– Engaging Storyline. Follow a robust Story Mode, meet a diverse cast of characters, and play through multiple stages in a crazy universe.
– Fast and Furious Combat. Dodge rockets, blast through throngs of incoming enemies and battle bosses in frenzied, fast-paced action!
– Stylish Visuals. Play through unique environments with anime-inspired HD pixel art graphics.
– Deep Customisation. Choose from a huge variety of equipment with more than 150 weapons and items, including masks, swords, projectiles, and more. Equip your character to better defeat rivals.
– Slash, Smash and Bash with Friends! Join your friends in 2-player local or online co-op as you progress through the game’s story.
– Oni TV Show. Compete in a “Live TV Show” survival mode, solo or with a friend, to see who can get the furthest without dying, as wave after wave of enemies attack from all angles. Rack up special rewards when you successfully finish each challenging stage!
The game will be available to download directly from the Nintendo Switch eShop from 4th September, currently scheduled to launch for $14.99.
You probably weren't expecting a frenetic carrot-based adventure to pop up today, but has this one piqued your interest? Tell us with a lovely comment below.