Limited Run Games and Zeboyd Games have announced that Cosmic Star Heroine will arrive on Nintendo Switch next month.
The game takes inspiration from the classic 16-bit era, but mixes things up by adding features seen in more modern RPGs. There are three exotic planets to explore containing aliens, robots, and magic, and you'll be playing as the brave heroine who must fight against conspiracies and a galactic threat to make things right.
Cosmic Star Heroine was originally released on other platforms last year, generating "very positive" reviews on Steam, so it could well be a very welcome addition to the Switch's library. If you're interested, you can check out the game's full feature list below.
- The best of classic and modern RPGs!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming's 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the early CD-ROM console era!
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
- Over 100 minutes of music!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
- Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
The game will be released on 14th August and is currently available to pre-order from the North American Switch eShop for $13.49.
Do you like the look of this one?