Krafted Games has announced that its minimalist, randomly-generated FPS Polygod is headed to Nintendo Switch next month.
The game is set to feature a "brutal" difficulty curve, epic boss fights, and arena-shooter style action in local multiplayer and online vs/co-op multiplayer modes. Polygod offers a deep level of weapon customisation and extensive multiplayer features, coupled with that randomly-generated level design which aims to offer players a different experience every time they play. The official PR's feature list is a pretty hefty one, so we'll let that do the talking below:
▪ Infinite level possibilities - maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
▪ Brutal Difficulty curve - Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
▪ Online co-op and versus multiplayer - Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards. (Versus multiplayer not available on Switch.)
▪ Skill based gameplay - Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skillful nonstrategic players.
▪ Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system - Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
▪ Classic FPS controls - Polygod’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
▪ Gyroscopic controls - Nintendo Switch version only
▪ Super fast paced and addictive - requires hundreds of hours to master, a speed-runner/hardcore gamer's dream
The game is scheduled to launch on 17th August worldwide for £16.19 / $14.99 / €16.59.
Are you up for this one? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.