Digerati has announced that it will be bringing Shikhondo - Soul Eater, an intense bullet-hell shoot ‘em up, to Nintendo Switch this summer.
Created by Korean-based independent developer DeerFarm, Shikhondo - Soul Eater features hypnotic barrage patterns, enemies inspired by Asian mythology, and a visually stunning aesthetic across the board. The game was originally released on Steam in October last year, but has been updated for consoles with an all-new 2-player local co-op mode, as seen in the trailer above.
In the game, your job is to destroy an army of demons known as yokai, freeing the pour souls captured within. There are several modes to explore, two playable characters, and online leaderboards for those of you with a competitive nature. You can check out the full feature list below.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush and Local Co-op
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack
- Online leaderboards for high score glory
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork
The game's release date is still to be confirmed, but a limited edition physical version will be available to pre-order from Play-Asia from 28th June.
Do you like the look of this one? Let us know if you're into your frantic shoot 'em up action with a comment below.