Hello there, lovely readers! Unless you've been living under a particularly large Geodude for the past week or so, you'll no doubt be aware that Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! are headed to the Switch this November. While having new Pokémon adventures on Switch is obviously great news, one very important question has risen as a result of the announcement:
For your return to the Kanto region later this year in Pokémon Lets Go, which Pokémon would you rather have by your side? Pikachu, or Eevee?
Before you cast your vote (we've even made a cheeky poll for you to take part in below), here's a reminder of the pros and cons for each of the adorable little mascots. Take a read, have a think, and make sure to choose your favourite below.
- When you think of Pokémon, you think of Pikachu. This little yellow face has been plastered over almost every little piece of merchandise littering your bedroom floor for years - surely he deserves some love in return?
- Remember those annoying Zubats? Well, ZAP! They're gone. Pikachu's electric attacks are super effective against flying monsters so you can take them down with ease.
- Pikachu positively bursts with personality. Did you see the scene in the anime where he falls in love with a bottle of tomato ketchup? If you did, you know that this is the right choice.
- When you think of Pokémon, you think of Pikachu. Yes, we included this as a pro as well, but think about it... Everyone loves him. Everyone picks him. If you want to be different and stand out from the crowd, you should probably avoid this sucker.
- Team Rocket are well and truly obsessed with Pikachu. We know that these evil-doers are making a comeback in the new games, so surely you want to keep the poor electric mouse away from their grubby hands, not offer him up to them?
- Pikachu can't hurt the Pokémon found in the first Gym. Yep, that's right, electric moves do literally no damage against the likes of Geodude and Onix who appear in that first major hurdle. He's cute and all, but you'll get crushed if you're not prepared.
- Eevee can evolve into eight different Pokémon that are all different types. Yes, EIGHT. If that's not cool to you then we simply can't please you.
- It sits on your hat as you merrily run along. It's cute, it's adorable, and we shall call it our squishy.
- Eevee has become something of a fan-favourite over the years, especially among the crowd who know their Bellsprouts from their Burmys. Join them, feel the love, and share silly pouty faces next to your copy of the game on Instagram. #Eevee4Ever
- Eevee was originally the starter Pokémon of your rival in Pokémon Yellow, and also Ash's rival Gary in the Pokémon anime. Let's not give them the satisfaction.
- Eevee may well be able to evolve into eight different Pokémon, but again, we know that your starter will refuse to evolve in these games. You'll need to grab yourself a second, third, and fourth Eevee to get your hands on all the evolutions appearing in this game.
- It's not Pikachu. Deep down inside, you know you love Pikachu. It's impossible to truly dislike it, and choosing anything else over that adorable zappy munchkin may well leave you with horrible guilt for years to come.
So, after that extremely serious and informative list of pros and cons, it's time for you to pick your Pokémon. Make sure to choose your favourite below.
Feel free to let us know which version you went for in the comments below. Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! launch for Nintendo Switch on 16th November.