Oxenfree developer Night School Studio has announced that its next game Afterparty, which was first mentioned at the end of last year, will definitely be coming to the Switch.
Afterparty is an adventure game about two protagonists Milo and Lola, a pair of recently deceased best friends who find themselves facing an eternity in Hell. Luckily for them, though, there is one loophole: those who can outdrink Satan can return to Earth. Every step of the game is up to you, as you uncover the mystery of why you’ve been damned - and drink the big guy under the table.
Here are some key features for you to check out:
- Party as two best friends: Control Milo and Lola with an intelligent conversation system that changes the story and your relationships based on every decision. Uncover their personality quirks and foggy history during the wild events of the night
- Drink for your lives: Hell bars offer a variety of libations, each with different Liquid Courage effects to imbue Milo and Lola with specialized dialogue options and abilities
- Demonic activities: The underworld’s pubs are packed with drunken games to pass the time. Beer pong, dance-offs, karaoke and chugging competitions all mesh with the dynamic dialogue system for a seamless narrative bender
- Change Hell forever: Players’ actions won’t only affect Milo and Lola, but also the people and places of Hell. Finishing a quest on one island might result in the total destruction of another
- Flirt with Satan
- Explore an interconnected network of underworld islands via the River Styx
- An original soundtrack by scntfc (OXENFREE, Sword & Sworcery)
The game is scheduled to launch on Switch in 2019. Will you be keeping tabs on this one?