Sales figures have been released for software and hardware sales in Japan for the month of May, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has smashed and ground-pounded its way to the number one slot.
Famitsu has shared the latest numbers and chart positions for the month, which actually cover the four week period of 30th April to 27th May, and the results are still looking good for Nintendo all round. In terms of software, which only takes into account physical format sales, Nintendo titles took three of the top five places. You can see the list below, including the sales figures.
1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch) / Nintendo / 149,643
2. Dark Souls: Remastered (PS4) / From Software / 77,435
3. Splatoon 2 (Switch) / Nintendo / 71,983
4. Jikkyo Powerful Professional Baseball 2018 (PS4) / KONAMI / 69,664
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) / Nintendo / 54,236
The Switch was the best-selling console of the month, too, making this the third month in a row that Nintendo's platform has been on top. Total sales reached 144,455 units, which is down slightly from the 178,144 it managed last month. Sony's PlayStation 4 was unsurprisingly the second best-selling console, with PS4 and PS4 Pro sales reaching 86,181 units combined - up slightly from the month before.
So, another decent month for Nintendo in its home nation. Can you see the Switch staying on top for another month through June and E3?