Indie publisher Digerati and developer Zack Bell Games have announced that upcoming 'splatformer' INK will arrive on Nintendo Switch on 19th June.
INK is a fast-paced platformer with a bit of a twist - the levels are actually invisible and must be splattered with brightly coloured paint before they can be seen. Players can reveal levels in a variety of ways, such as double-jumping, wall sliding, or squishing an enemy, all of which can create splashes and splodges to brighten up the world around you. Even failing is useful in this game, as when your blocky character dies, it explodes in a shower of colour and paints more of the surrounding area to help you towards your goal.
The Nintendo Switch version of the game features all-new local 2-player mode, exclusive to the system. You can check out a full feature list below.
- Test your platforming skills across 75 INKgeniously designed levels!
- Jump, squish, slide and die to splatter brightly colored paint and uncover your surroundings!
- Splat enemies, dodge missiles, and take down super-challenging bosses!
- Local 2-player mode: Take on INK with a friend, exclusive to Nintendo Switch (supports split Joy-Con play)
- 20 deviously hidden coins to find and collect!
- Ambient and atmospheric original soundtrack by Vincent Rubinetti
- Precision platforming makes INK a perfect challenge for speedrunners
As mentioned above, the game releases on 19th June, but players in Europe can pre-order the game now from the Nintendo Switch eShop. If you do, you'll be able to get a tasty 20% discount on the launch price taking it from £8.09 to £6.47.
Do you like the look of this one? Will you be taking advantage of the pre-order discount? Let us know in the comments below.