The Pokémon Company has revealed two new titles at the 2018 Pokémon Video Game Press Conference today, with the first being the free-to-start game Pokémon Quest for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.
Out now on Nintendo Switch and available in late June on mobile devices via the App Store & Google Play, the rambunctious action RPG developed by Game Freak takes place on the mysterious Tumblecube Island.
With the help of three Pokémon, you'll be able to uncover the secrets of the island, while battling wild Pokémon, gathering treasure and even befriending new Pokémon along the way – provided you have the right treats to tempt them.
You will also have the ability to decide the characteristics of your Pokémon and use special items called Power Stones to strengthen your team. The Pokémon featured in this title originate from the Kanto region and have a boxy, cube-like aesthetic.
Here's some additional information from the press release:
- Battle by tapping—Pokémon Quest uses simple touch controls that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Befriend many Pokémon—Use items collected throughout expeditions to befriend a wide array of Pokémon.
- Create your Pokémon dream team—Partner with three of your Pokémon friends to battle through diverse environments.
- Pokémon unique to you—Use different Power Stones to personalize your Pokémon friends however you want and give them unique stats.
- Customize your base camp—Decorate your home with cute and fun collectibles that not only look good, but can provide in-game benefits.
Check out the trailer below and tell us in the comments if you are enjoying this new free-to-start Pokémon game.