Zen Studios has announced that it will be bringing Disco Dodgeball Remix to the Nintendo Switch on 22nd May, offering an intense mix of arena-based first-person shooter gameplay and classic dodgeball.
The game is actually a port of Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball, a game released on Steam back in 2015 which received "very positive" reviews, as well as recognition from some of the bigger names in the YouTube-sphere such as Markiplier and jacksepticeye. Players are tasked with one-hit killing their opponents with physics-based precision, all while soaking in a bright neon, club-like aesthetic which reminds us of the sweaty depths of laser tag.
You'll be throwing glowing dodgeballs at each other, completing objectives in team-based or free-for-all modes, and using a variety of power-ups and aerial trick shots along the way to score extra points.
- Classic PvP, Objective Based, and Single-Player Arcade modes
- Solo and Co-Op leaderboard-based challenges
- 15 levels designed to combine a futuristic dance club and skate park
- A new level-up game progression earning 70+ new fun and wacky customisable items for your robot
- Online multiplayer with frictionless, jump-out matches and automatic hosted room creation
- Gameplay-changing powerups like Boomerang Balls and Jetpacks
- High-energy soundtrack composed by talented independent artists that interact directly with the colorful arena visuals
- Monster truck-style announcer lends his big voice to all the KOs, trick-shots and kill streaks
- Revamped user interface from PC version
It will also come with additional features for Nintendo Switch players including motion control aiming, HD Rumble support, and an option to play split-screen using a single Joy-Con per player.
Do you like the look of this one? Let us know whether you'll be picking it up in the comments below.