Indie developer Monster Couch has confirmed that Die for Valhalla! will hit the Switch eShop on May 29th. Pre-loading is already live in Australia and should (fingers crossed) be hitting other regions shortly. We assume the release date will be the same in North America and Europe, too.
Described as an action RPG with arcade beat 'em up trimmings, Die for Valhalla! places you in the role of a mythical Valkyrie, blessed with the power to bring fallen viking warriors back to life. Solo and 4-player options are available, and the game will feature over 80 different skills to select when levelling-up your character.
Here's some PR:
Die for Valhalla! is an action RPG where you hack, slash and crush your enemies! Possess and take full control of heroes, monsters and other things to help Vikings save their realm!
You are a Valkyrie, a supernatural maiden bestowed with the ability to possess fallen warriors. You embark on a quest that will lead you through strange lands where Norse Mythology collides with Lovecraftian mythos. Sounds Weird? Well, because it is!
You can play solo or locally with friends (up to 4 players).
– An action-packed hybrid of Roguelike and arcade Beat ‘Em Up.
– Unique Possession mechanic.
– More than 10 Viking Clans to discover and unlock
– Each of the 7 Viking Classes comes with unique playstyles and combos.
– Over 80 skills to choose from when leveling up your Valkyrie.
– Cute but bloodthirsty creatures will become your companions.
– Play against your friends in Deathmatch and Survival modes.
– And more!
Does this look like something you'd be interested in? Sound off in the comments section below.