Fire Emblem Warriors was one of those releases that seems to have gotten a little passed over at launch, as the game released only one week in advance of Super Mario Odyssey. Though we’re due to get a mainline Fire Emblem game sometime this year, Fire Emblem Warriors did a great job of finding middle ground between the gameplay of the Warriors series and Nintendo popular SRPG. The initial release was meaty enough, but Tecmo has been releasing DLC as part of the season pass every now and then, and the latest content has just gone live.
The new DLC focuses on Fire Emblem: Awakening, and sees the addition of Owain, Tharja, and Olivia to the roster. It also brings new History Mode maps, new skills, new weapons, and new costumes. Here’s the full list of things included, along with the content being added in the free 1.5.0 update that coincides with it:
◆ Additional Playable Characters
- Voiced by: Hidenori Takahashi
- Weapon: Sword
- Class: Swordsman
With his character skill, “Balanced Power Resonance,” the smaller the difference between his Str and Mag, the greater the damage he can deal to enemies.
- Voiced by: Yuuki Takada
- Weapon: Grimoire
- Class: Dark Mage
Although she will take slip damage when her character skill, “Covenant of Destruction,” is equipped, the lesser her HP gets, the greater the damage she can deal to enemies. (The HP reduced by slip damage will not affect your Battle Results.)
- Voiced by: Rei Matsuzaki
- Weapon: Sword
- Class: Dancer
With her character skill, “Galeforce,” the Warrior Gauge and Awakening Gauge restore each time you defeat a strong enemy.
◆ Additional History Maps
Scion of Legend
A mysterious swordsman seeking the legendary divine sword “Mystletainn” shows up in a certain village.
Chrom and company, who visited Plegia in order to rescue Emmeryn, come across a shaman who re-chants a suspicious spell.
While Plegia soldiers withdrew from the battlefield, the figure of a determined, lone dancer heading towards the battlefield appeared.
◆ Additional Armor Break Models
Armor Break state model changes will be supported for the following characters: Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Owain, Tharja, and Olivia.
◆ Dedicated Weapons
- Robin: “Thoron”
- Lissa: “Lissa’s Healing Axe”
- Frederick: “Frederick’s Solid Axe”
- Cordelia: “Cordelia’s Love Lance”
- Owain: “Mystletainn”
- Tharja: “Tharja’s Spell”
- Olivia: “Olivia’s Dancing Sword”
◆ Additional Weapon Skills
- Active Strengthening: Further increases damage dealt by attack-type and special-type weapon skills. (Targets weapon skills such as Critical+ and Triangle+.)
- Attack Acceleration: Increases the speed of Critical and Strong attacks. (The weapon skill previously only granted to the “Chrom’s Training Sword” obtained via the Chrom Amiibo.)
- Full Capacity Amplification: Amplifies all stats except movement. (The weapon skill previously only granted to the “Tiki’s Tear” obtained via the Tiki Amiibo.)
(Additional costumes, usable weapons, and weapon skills can be obtained as rewards for clearing History Maps.)
■ Version 1.5.0 Update (due out alongside DLC Pack #3)
- Maximum Character Level Increase
- Increases the maximum character level from 130 to 150.
- Weapon Skills
- “Rightful God” – Increases weapon attack power to match that of a Hero Weapon, and negates the disadvantages of an effectiveness weapon skill. (This can be obtained via a random drop.)
- Blessings – The following blessings have been added to the Temple:
- “Speed Blessing” and “Luck Blessing” Effects – Increases the corresponding stats of all party members.
- “Heal Blessing” Effect – Automatically recovers the HP of all party members over time.
- “Transporter Blessing” Effect – Increases the amount of materials you can obtain through drops.
- “Craftsman Blessing” Effect – Increases the amount of weapons you can obtain through drops, as well as their level, quality, and number of skills.
- “Common Materials Blessing” Effect – Makes common materials easier to drop.
- Additional Elements – The following additional elements have been added to the Temple:
- “Informal Blessing” – By receiving this blessing, the levels of all enemies in battle will become 150.
- “Tactician Blessing” – By receiving this blessing, the battle will enter a “Tactician Mode” where the player-controlled character can only deal zero damage, making it a fight can only be cleared via NPC instruction.
- (Informal Blessing and Tactician Blessing will be added to the “Blessings” menu at the Temple.)
- “Level Reset” – Level Reset has been added to the Temple menu. Depending on the level of the selected character, you can revert to Level 1 instead of receiving materials.
- Switch Version: Support for the video capture feature.
- Adds feature to start the battle with the same blessings as the previous battle. (Materials will be automatically consumed. This can be turned on or off via “Auto Blessing Continuation” in the settings.)
- User interface improvements for the Battle Results screen.
- Bug fixes.
- What do you think? Will you be downloading this DLC? What did you think of Fire Emblem Warriors? Share your thoughts in the comments below.