Headup Games has announced that the first batch of free DLC for Slime-san, Blackbird's Kraken, will be released on Nintendo Switch on 22nd February.
This DLC pack features new items, collectibles, mechanics, and levels, adding to the mayhem already available in the main game. If you're unfamiliar with Slime-san's intense platforming action and want to know more, make sure to check out our review of the main game. Until then, though, feel free to check out the DLC's full (and ridiculously long) feature list below.
- 25 normal and 25 NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
- A brand new boss fight, can you beat the Kraken?!
- 10 new target mode challenges that will test your skills!
- A customisable house that you can style and furnish to your heart’s content!
- 100 Bananas to collect and spend on furniture and house themes!
- Exciting new mechanics like the submarine mode, acid bubbles and suction cups!
- An independent speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
- An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of new characters!
- Loads of new cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
- New secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
- New music by Mischa Perella!
- Leaderboards: Compete online for the best level & speedrun times!
- Button Mapping: Remap all of your controls to your liking!
- HUE Slider: Entirely change the color palette of the game!
- Reduce Eye Strain: An option in case the game was too harsh for you!
- Krazy Karting Minigame: Item based, karting madness for 2 players!
- Gloomy Minigame: A scary, intense FPS arena survival game!
- Easy Tutorial: Accessible at any time for a gameplay refresher!A totally independent campaign from Slime-san!
- Are you ready for an aquatic adventure?
- More neat secrets!
As mentioned above, the Blackbird's Kraken DLC is a free update for the main game so, if you already own a copy, you'll be able to play through all of this extra goodness very soon indeed.
Will you be jumping back into Slime-san to check out the new features? Let us know below.