Slime-san is a sublime platformer that launched on the eShop last year, emulating the tough as nails style of Super Meat Boy while packing in a shocking amount of content. We absolutely loved the game at launch, but developer Fabraz hasn’t been willing to rest on its laurels. A brand new expansion called Blackbird’s Kraken has been in the works for a while, and it finally launched today.
The new update adds a whopping 50 levels to the game, along with tons of other new content and optimizations. Here’s what’s all being added:
– Leaderboards: Compete online for the best level & speedrun times!
– Button Mapping: Remap all of your controls to your liking!
– HUE Slider: Entirely change the color palette of the game!
– Reduce Eye Strain: An option in case the game was too harsh for you!
– Krazy Karting Minigame: Item based, karting madness for 2 players!
– Gloomy Minigame: A scary, intense FPS arena survival game!
– Easy Tutorial: Accessible at any time for a gameplay refresher!
NEW CONTENT – BLACKBIRD’S CONTENT CAMPAIGN:
– A totally independent campaign from Slime-san! Are you ready for an aquatic adventure?
– 25 normal and 25 NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
– A brand new boss fight, can you beat the Kraken?!
– 10 new target mode challenges that will test your skills!
– A customizable house that you can style and furnish to your heart’s content!
– 100 Bananas to collect and spend on furniture and house themes!
– Exciting new mechanics like the submarine mode, acid bubbles and suction cups!
– A independent speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
– An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of new characters!
– Loads of new cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
– New secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
– New music by Mischa Perella!
– More neat secrets!
– Loading Times: Have been shortened!
– Start-up Times: Have been shortened as well!
– Scrolling Level Performance: Has been significantly improved!
– Various minor bug fixes.
And for those of you that have been on the fence for a while, Slime-san is currently available for 30% off, so now is as good a time as any to jump in.
What do you think? Will you be taking a crack at the new content? What did you think of Slime-san? Share your thoughts in the comments below.