Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition is a perfect match for the Switch - it's the same great game as always but with the added convenience of being able to play a full-fat version on the move. Perhaps one of the few downsides, however, was that the game would run in 720p, which makes perfect sense when playing the Switch as a portable, however when docked a 720p display on a large HDTV was less than desirable.
Microsoft was keen to point out at the time of release that this 720p cap when docked was not due to a lack of Switch power, and it was stated that 1080p when docked would hopefully be added in the future.
Thankfully the resolution switching issue is now resolved in patch 6, which is available now. Full details as follows:
- Added Canyon, a free Glide track.
- Added Biome Settlers 2 Skin pack.
- Added Terracotta and Glazed Terracotta layers to Tumble.
- Enable 1080p display when placed in the Nintendo Switch Dock.
- Improved performance in Solo Glide when restarting the level (particularly with split-screen spectators).
- Totem of Undying now also applies Fire Resistance II.
- Fixed some areas where it was possible to escape from Battle maps or Glide tracks.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to milk a Cow in Creative Mode.
- Fixed a bug where players were being teleported back to the Nether portal shortly after arriving in the other dimension.
- Fixed a bug where broken Banners wouldn't stack with crafted Banners.
- Fixed a bug where Wheat, Ladders, and Banners were not correctly spawning in Woodland Mansions.
- Fixed a bug where Monster Spawners in Woodland Mansions were Pigs instead of Spiders.
- Fixed a bug where the Item Frame icon appeared when holding a Map.
- Fixed an incorrect death message when players were killed by Zombie Villagers.
- Fix for custom names of Mobs not being shown in death messages.
- Fix for being unable to unlock "Sniper Duel".
- Fix for being unable to unlock "Camouflage".
- Fix for MCCE #5183 - Player can kill a tamed Parrot with PvP disabled.
- Fix for MCCE #5062 - Farmer Villagers only plant one seed after harvesting a whole crop of seeds from a field.
- Fix for MCCE #4103 - Time spent on the Pause menu when under water counts towards the "Free Diver" trophy.
- Fix for MCCE #3112 - When trying to throw food, Villagers throw it in the wrong direction.
- Fix for MCCE #5219 - Two types of Bone Block with different pictures.
- Fix for MCCE #4989 - Zombie Villager Spawn eggs are the wrong colour.
- Fix for MCCE #5261 - Flower hitbox is displaced.
- Fix for MCCE #4897 - Beds explode when TNT Explodes is disabled.
- Fix for MCCE #4954 - Mobs can't move with a block above them.
- Fix for MCCE #3010 - Constructing an End portal in a certain method can lead to the End Portal being created next to the portal frame.
- Fix for MCCE #5292 - Only regular Skeletons spawning in the Nether.
- Fix for MCCE #5151 & MCCE #5208 - Item frames don't show the custom name of their items.
It's great to see Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition continuing to get such commitment from Microsoft and 4J Studios. Along with the 1080p fix, there are a whole host of welcome changes.
Let us know what you think about this news with a comment below.