Just a few days ago, Niantic revealed what is arguably the biggest update to Pokémon GO yet, completely revamping gyms, adding in new items and gym badges, and adding Raid Battles. It was known that this update would be done in stages which would be dripped out over the “next few weeks”, but it seems that the update process has already begun for both Android and iOS.
Niantic just posted the full patch notes to its website today, and said the game is in the process of being updated to version 0.67.1 or 1.37.1 depending on whether you’re on Android or iOS. Here’s the full patch notes:
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
- Added visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.
What do you think? Have you gotten to try out the new update yet? What other features do you want to see added? Share your thoughts in the comments below.