Whenever a conversation turns to the 'best of all time' in anything, there's sure to be some feisty opinions. Now that the Famitsu Weekly readers have chosen their best racing game of all time, that's sure to get fans talking.
The winner was Super Mario Kart, which saw off various rivals including plenty of retro games. There are some more recent releases in there, but it's clear that a number of Famitsu readers reckon racing games were better back in the day, a stance that has certainly prompted some interesting chat in our team.
Check out the top 20 below, via JapaneseNintendo.
20. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (iOS/Android) - 62 pt
19. Mario Kart DS (DS) - 63 pt
18. Chocobo Racing ~Genkai e no Road~ (PS) - 65 pt
17. Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - 73 pt
16. Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium (FC) - 74 pt
15. Sega Rally Championship 2 (DC/PC/AC) - 76 pt
14. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) - 81 pt
13. F-Zero GX (GC) - 82 pt
12. Forza Horizon 3 (XB0/PC) - 90 pt
11. Kirby no Air Ride (GC) - 92 pt
10. Sega Rally Championship Plus (SS/PC/AC) - 104 pt
09. Out Run (MK III/MSX/PCE/MD/GG/AC) - 106 pt
08. Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - 129 pt
07. Mario Kart 64 (N64) - 134 pt
06. Gran Turismo (PS) - 151 pt
05. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) - 157 pt
04. R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 (OS) - 173 pt
03. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2016 (Vita/PS4/PS3) - 181 pt
02. Daytona USA (SS/PC/AC) - 185 pt
01. Super Mario Kart (SFC) - 192 pt
What do you think of this list, and what is the best racing game of all time in your opinion? Let us know in the comments.