Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition has got off to a great start so far, and the lovely folks over at 4J Studios are committed to updating the Switch edition to keep it in line with other versions of Minecraft, which in our eyes makes it one of the best versions available courtesy of the console's hybrid nature.
The latest update will be available very soon, as the tweet above from 4J Studios states. You'll be able to try out the recently announced Adventure Time Mash-Up pack, as well as enjoy lots of other improvements:
Change log for Patch 3 - May 30th 2017
- Added Glide!
- Updated Switch Features to be inline with other platforms
- Added Adventure Time Mash-up Pack.
- Added Magic: The Gathering Skin Pack.
- Added Chinese Mythology Battle Map.
- Added Temple, a free Glide track.
- Your best run in Glide will now be recorded (as long as it is under 5 minutes), and a Ghost will fly alongside you in Solo Mode to help you improve!
- The default controls have been changed slightly, and you can now define your own control scheme in the options menu.
- Added Pick Block - This is unassigned by default.
- Added Off-hand slot for Maps and Arrows.
- Added Shulker Box item.
- Added Shulker Shell item.
- Added Iron Nugget item. You can now smelt Iron and Gold armour into nuggets.
- More items can now be used as fuel in a furnace.
- Added new Note Block sounds
- Added some new sound effects for filling Cauldrons, paddling Boats, using a Fishing Rod, and End Portals.
- Using a Firework while gliding with Elytra will now give you a boost. Don't try this at home!
- Added Concrete Powder Blocks – 16 Different colors!
- Added Concrete Blocks – 16 Different colors!
- Added Glazed Terracotta Block – 16 Different patterns!
- Changed the color of Dyes, Wool and Banners
- MCCE-4554 - Take Damage when falling into slime block
- MCCE-4704 - Fall Damage being taken in 1x1 areas
- MCCE-4551 - Falling in shallow water is damaging players
- MCCE-2308 - Player Glitched out in Battle Mode
- MCCE-2902 - Squids not spawning in anything man-made
- MCCE-4604 - Battle Mode Spawn Glitch
- MCCE-2019 - Some times when with a arrow or hit the players scren will freeze or shake.
- MCCE-4223 - elytra fly glitch
- MCCE-3164 - Rabbits
- MCCE-4662 - Exp from Coal not going to mending
- MCCE-4591 - Map direction icon skewed
- MCCE-4278 - Banner are giant
Let us know if you've got the Minecraft update yet and if you feel this makes the Switch version even better.