Nintendo can't be accused of not pushing the message that ARMS can be the next big thing. It's had a prominent role in two consecutive Nintendo Directs, the second of which was dedicated almost entirely to the game, and it revealed details that demonstrate a willingness to ensure that - from day one - there'll be a solid variety of modes and content to play.
Our usual 'big Nintendo Direct summary' is taking on two roles this time out, as there were less 'reveals' and news items than with a standard Direct. We want to know whether the broadcast has convinced you to take the plunge and get the game, whether you're waiting for the Testpunch first or if you've been on board from the start. Some polls in our pre-broadcast Talking Point suggested that a decent number of Nintendo gamers were still very much on the fence - has that now changed?
First up, though, let's summarise the key news items (including a couple of Splatoon 2 updates).
- Preview: Going Some Rounds With ARMS on Nintendo Switch
- The ARMS Global Testpunch Will Start on 26th/27th May
- Nintendo Lifts the Lid on ARMS' Online Modes
- Nintendo Reveals ARMS' Single Player Mode - Grand Prix
- ARMS Will Adopt the Splatoon Model of Free Content Updates
- Nintendo Minute Shows Off New Characters and Features in ARMS
- Here's a First Look at Splatoon 2's Single Player Mode
- New Splatoon 2 Switch Accessories and Hardware Bundle Revealed
Below are the videos of the Direct, some extra trailers and our own preview footage. We've included the Nintendo of Europe Direct broadcast as it includes the Splatoon 2 accessories and hardware bundle at the end, which aren't yet confirmed for North America.
Nintendo of America ARMS Direct
Nintendo of Europe ARMS Direct
2017 ARMS Open Invitational Teaser
Nintendo Minute - ARMS
Splatoon 2 Single Player Trailer
Kid Cobra - Our Preview
Byte & Barq - Our Preview
Twintelle - Our Preview
2v2 Splitscreen Local Multiplayer - Our Preview
Finally, some polls on what we saw in the ARMS Direct; tell us what you thought in these and the comments below!