Toy manufacturer Good Smile has opened preorders for its forthcoming Figma Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Samus Aran figure.
Due for release on October 31st, this limited edition figure features plenty of articulation and comes with a morph ball and interchangeable arm cannon.
Here are some details, taken from Play-Asia's preorder page:
This will be Samus' third entry into the figma series, the previous two being from Metroid: Other M (but let's not talk about that, there was enough talking in that game). This figma is based on her appearance in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and looking at the released pictures it's very accurate to the game!
Translucent plastic was even used on the green areas of her suit for more accurate detail. The figma will, of course, be making use of figma signature smooth joints and the sculpt will allow for a very wide range of motion and articulation. In terms of optional parts, she'll come with four alternate left hands including a clenched fist, a splayed open hand, an item-holding hand, and finally her classic thumbs up! She'll also come with an optional part for her arm cannon to simulate firing a rocket, a morph ball, and of course, the standard figma stand.
As fans of the Metroid series have been waiting (very patiently!) on Nintendo to make another Metroid Prime-style game, until then we'll be able to recreate our favorite moments and battles with this amazing figure. It's expected to come out at the end of October this year but pre-orders end on May 13th. It's recommended to pre-order before the deadline as stock is not guaranteed after release.
- Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
- A flexible plastic is used for important areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
- The figma includes a morph ball part as well as interchangeable parts for her arm cannon based on when she fires missiles.
- Alternate hand parts included a clenched fist, open hand, hand for holding items and the classic thumbs-up hand.
- The visor of her mask as well as the areas on her hands, hips and legs make use of translucent parts for improved detail.
- An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
Will you be laying down some cash for this? Let us know by posting a comment.