Though we're still waiting for it to launch here in the West, Japan has already received the pleasure of experiencing Fire Emblem Fates, the latest in Nintendo's punishing SRPG series. In order to boost the release's popularity (and doubtless to make some lovely merchandising profit), Nintendo also launched a trading card game alongside the recent 3DS release. Though it may be a fairly unexceptional card game, it nonetheless offers fans a chance to collect cards featuring some excellent art of their favorite Fire Emblem characters.
There are currently two series of cards available for purchase, with series 3 launching on 10th December and series 4 launching on 17th March. Series 3 will feature cards from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem Fates: Invisible Kingdom (evidently the neutral third story path). Perhaps more interestingly, though, is that series 4 will be heavily featuring cards from the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, which apparently launches before the end of 2015 in Japan. Here's the list of cards:
- Chrom and Itsuki Aoi (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)
- Shiida and Oribe Tsubasa (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)
- Cain and Akagi Toma (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)
- Virion and Yumizuru Eleonora (Genei Ibun Roku #FE)
- Oribe Tsubasa (Genei Ibun Roku #FE, promotional card from the Genei Ibun Roku #FE Fortissimo Editions)
- Hardin and Malliesia (Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem)
- Cynthia and Donnell (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Given how the series is more popular in Japan and has more releases there, it seems unlikely that Nintendo will launch a Western equivalent of Fire Emblem 0 when Fates launches here next year, but perhaps we'll be surprised.
What do you think? Would you like Nintendo to release Fire Emblem 0 in the West? Which of the upcoming Fire Emblem games are you most looking forward to? Share your thoughts in the comments below.