Those of you who have enjoyed playing the likes of Tetris, Columns or Puzzle Bobble against another human opponent will know that this sort of competitive play offers a buzz that few other genres can match - and developer Intropy Games is of the opinion that we don't see enough of this kind of action puzzler these days.
Therefore, we have Astral Breakers, a new Wii U eShop title which aims to recreate the same feeling. According to the developer, this puzzle title boasts both co-operative and competitive modes, and is finely balanced to ensure the perfect level of play.
Here's the run-down of what makes this title so unique, straight from the developer:
- For starters, it's balanced with eSports in mind, and finished with a casual touch. I'm an eSports writer, she likes ridiculously cute things, we're both engineers by trade. We combined our powers, and Astral Breakers was born. Everybody wins.
- Also, aside from the fact you can play against each other in a Versus mode…
- Or team up against the CPU in a special two-player SuperNova survival mode…
- You can even draw your own characters. Astral Breakers is based on a Zodiac theme, and you can use the Wii U GamePad to plot your own constellations.
- When you do, those constellations will take on different properties when you take them into battle.
- Based on what you name your creations and how you draw them, their drop pattern and drop intensity (amount of garbage dropped on an opponent) will change. Generally, the more complex the drawing, the more lethal your custom constellations become.
The game launches next week on the North American Wii U eShop - will you be taking the plunge?