The creator of the Metroidvania-style 2D Action-RPG, Dark Flame, has tweeted the title has a chance of a release on the Wii U eShop if Nintendo fans show their support.
Dark Flame's creator is looking at taking his project to Kickstarter in hope of gaining funds to hire a few professionals and further polish the experience so that the game is released as soon as possible:
Dark Flame is a 2D Action-RPG or otherwise known as a “Metroidvania". This game has been in development by myself for a little over a year and a half. I am planning on turning to Kickstarter to hire on a few professionals to polish up this game and get it to the players (you) as soon as possible. Unfortunately, hiring people who are good at what they do, is a bit expensive. With your help, I can turn Dark Flame from a dream, to a reality. I truly need your support in backing this project!
The title promises to include large themed environments, which channel Metroidvania-style gameplay, a unique level-up system with unlockable talents and spells and much more:
- Large, Themed Environments: Action-packed Metroidvania-style gameplay with personally created rooms and environments.
- Determine Your Destiny: Choose whether to persevere with good faiths, or succumb to the darkness in this diverse storyline.
- Customizable Gameplay: Unique level-up system with unlockable talents and spells.
- DeathOriginal Soundtrack: inspired from old “-vania" titles.
- Hidden Rooms and Secrets: Large, maze-like environments consisting of upgrades and hidden items!
Take a look at the game's trailer below and show your support in the comments if you would like to see Dark Flame published on the Wii U eShop.
Thanks to Ryan Millar for the tip!