Weirdness: Slowpoke Reggae Exists, and it's Terrifying

Posted by Karen Halloran

Kind of catchy, still nightmare inducing

Everyone's Friday jut got a little weirder with the official Pokémon YouTube channel's latest post, a nearly four minute reggae epic of Slowpoke doing Slowpoke things like attempting to swallow other Slowpokes' tails, Busby Berkeley water number-style:

One theory states that this video is related to an online Slowpoke-themed fishing game. Another potentially more plausible theory holds that Nintendo and Game Freak may well be under the control of the Illuminati lizard men and are performing an experiment to see if it's possible to mellow humans' emotions while inducing a feeling of low-level fright.

It's certainly not the first instance of odd Pokémon music, and we're sure it won't be the last.

Comment, you know you want to. The Braviary flies at midnight.

[via destructoid.com]

MeWario

MeWario said:

Oh... Slowpoke 'Reggae'. I clicked on this article expecting to see Slowpoke Reggie haha. My bad :p

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Is it wrong that at first the video almost made me sick, but soon I was laughing and started to love slowpokes more than ever? ^_^;
(Why I have the bad feeling I just got brainwashed... )

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

There's apparently (according to an add, so take this with a pinch of salt) a big reggae and R&B trend going on in Japan, maybe this has something to do with it?

Giggity55

Giggity55 said:

I thought it was kinda cute...except for the ring of human centipede slowpokes.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I love it! I just wish I understood something besides 'Yadon', its Japanese name.

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

Like a number of others, I too read it was a Reggie Slowpoke. Can someone with Photoshop skills help us out here?

VIIIAxel

VIIIAxel said:

I don't think I've ever seen anything that can be such a perfect mix of terrifying and entertaining. Leave it to Game Freak to change that!

Loyalist_G-6

Loyalist_G-6 said:

I didn't find anything remotely scary, it was more adorable. That blank stare, I can look at it for days man! Reggae all day Slowpoke!

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

What... What did I just watch? Seriously, I couldn't even look away, it was like some bizarre brainwashing video... I just... I'M SO CONFLICTED NOW, I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS!

Serebii

Serebii said:

To clarify, this is the end of a Slowpoke's Paradise promotion that has been on the official Daisuki Club which focused all upon Slowpoke. It provided streams of episodes, wallpapers etc. and culminated in Slowpoke Day on August 10th.

Yosher

Yosher said:

That is actually really adorable! Slowpoke just rose several places on my favourite Pokémon list. x3 ...not that I have such a list, BUT THEY JUST ROSE A FEW PLACES!

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

my friends last name is yadon. how wierd is that. hes not into pokemon but i bet hes going to trip out when i show him this later. he does love reggae though.

Findonovan95

Findonovan95 said:

Hahaha, wow. I would totally have a Slowpoke and a Munchlax if I was in the Pokémon world and we'd just chill all day listening to tunes and whatnot. XD

Come on virtual reality Pokémon! Lol

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Oh man, they're everywhere. Wait, why are they all looking at me? Don't come any closer! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Okay, they're taking a really long time to get over here.