Video: Take Another Look at Ganondorf and Adventure Mode In Hyrule Warriors

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Ganondorf's a bit of a smirker

Koei Tecmo and Nintendo are gradually moving beyond the stage of near-constant reveals for Hyrule Warriors, and on to slightly more reserved pre-launch hype. In a notable change to various sections on the official website there are no longer any "Coming Soon" boxes to tease us, but in their place final pre-launch line-ups of playable characters, villains and stages.

That's not to say every facet of the game has been shown off, as we're sure surprises are in store, but it does take us into a new age of fairly typical hype building, particularly in the West — it arrives next week, on 14th August, in Japan. As a result Koei Tecmo has uploaded a couple of videos teasing the confirmed content. The first shows more of Ganondorf in action; he also smirks at every opportunity, though if we had his track record of losing battles with teenage or younger heroes we'd be decidedly less cocky.

Next up is a simple one, as it's a retro-styled intro movie for Adventure Mode, which is nice and 8-bit in theme.

Are you hyped about this one as it creeps ever closer? Let us know.

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

It makes it more painful with all they're hyping this game. Still a month and a half to go.

River3636

River3636 said:

Oooooooooooooh this is gonna be awesome. I hope I can get that triforce alarm or what ever that is. The adventure mode has new items too. Gannon I always want to beat up not play, but I can totally give it a whirl.

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

Well, including the two pieces of artwork at the end, I counted six Ganondorf smirks in the first video alone!

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Japan gets a mini Treasure Chest and Triforce Clock and the Scarf the UK gets too no fair, NA will probably get nothing extra besides the preorder DLC.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I'm not so sure about Ocarina Ganondorf, he looks.. a bit too blocky for my tastes. Like, I think even his Melee model looks better. It's probably intentional, and I'm usually a sucker for little retro graphical references, but that version of Ganondorf sticks out so much... Link and Zelda kinda have that too but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much with those two. I think I'll mainly use Ganondorf's Hyrule Warriors outfit whenever I'll use him, because that one looks the best!

steamhare

steamhare said:

@Yosher
I think it's a bit worse with ganondorf because his ocarina of time is pretty off model; they've clearly just reskinned the much thicker twilight princess character model which means he's the wrong shape along with the low detail. The nostalgia goggles for the retro look can't take effect if the retro look is so different.

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@Daruncic Isitreallysowrong.png xD

Help I can't stop looking at Ganondorf and sorta forgiving him for being a douche. Can't stand the waaaaait and don't know who to main first.

Extremist

Extremist said:

A bit torn over this. On one hand it looks great and has tons of cool stuff from the Zelda universe - on the other hand it's (possibly) a repetitive button-masher. Hmmm......

Iggly

Iggly said:

@Steven1094 I can see a Demise look happening, but I can't really see those others you listed as it looks like Hyrule Warriors is mostly focused on Ocarina of time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Plus the Super Smash Bros Melee look is based on Ocarina of Time Ganondorf which we will already get in the Ganondorf DLC.

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro said:

I'm very behind, so please somebody, fill me in. Am I to understand Hyrule Warriors is coming with an "Adventure Mode", which is a new 8 bit Zelda??? Do we know any details, like isit a new a map as opposed to a redo of Zelda 1 or 2? Or length, etc.?The video seems to allude to 8 dungeons...? Somebody, please fill me in or link to somewhere I can learn everthing we know about this mode! Thank you in advance!!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Ah, the Oot outfit. Lovely. Ganondorf is one of the coolest characters revealed so far.