Video: Ghirahim Looks Creepy and Deadly in Hyrule Warriors

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Still does that thing with his tongue...

Koei Tecmo is continuing to rattle through its video introductions for the Hyrule Warriors cast, and now we have a video for playable villain Ghirahim.

A villain in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Ghirahim has been one of Nintendo's most edgy, downright creepy creations in recent times. He's a menacing enemy not through size or power, but through his abilities with swords and magic, on top of intimidating and peculiar mannerisms. He's a fan of mind games and, when they don't work, creeping people out with his tongue.

As for his moves in Hyrule Warriors, he looks like one of the most fun playable characters so far, with sharp swordplay and some impressive magic to show off. Check out the video below and let us know what you think.

outburst

outburst said:

@WiiULoveSquid
Same. Though the Hyrule Direct increased my interest on the game, it failed to convinced me to buy it. I'd still pick it up when it'll be 20-25 bucks.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

He's like this weird cross between David Bowie, Harley Quinn and Miley Cyrus. Only creepier.

Iggly

Iggly said:

Now they just need to add Groose so Hyrule Warriors can have my favorite characters from Skyward Sword. ;)

Link506

Link506 said:

That WOULD be kind of interesting if they had Groose in it.... but no, he's not gonna make it. Yet thats not going to stop me from buying this gem!

jrwchil

jrwchil said:

OMG I want that tri force clock I hope that special edition comes to the UK either way this game looks awesome.

AhabSpampurse

AhabSpampurse said:

I'm no prude as I tend to revel in the grotesque... But I always found the tongue thing fairly inappropriate and unnerving.

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@outburst Might be waiting a long time for that to happen. Can't rent the gamr to see if you'd like it?

Now begins the agonizing wait for the American release. Koei-Tecmo stated that they're doing long-term support and features for this game too.

TheJebou

TheJebou said:

Ghirahim is actually my favourite Zelda villain, because of his creepiness and overconfident attitude. I guess I'll be playing as him as much as I can in the game :)

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

@FantasiaWHT I kinda am....hmm but I'm not a button-masher type of player.

Though if there was jrpg news updated as much as this, then I'd be all over these articles

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

"still does that thing with his tongue... " you guys make It seem like it's a bad thing ;)
@FantasiaWHT No. You obviously wasn't around for when Nintendolife was trying to shove Tomodachi Life down our throats

TheWindWaker

TheWindWaker said:

No Zelda villains have yet been confirmed for smash bros... perhaps Ganondorf will be accompanied by Ghirahim this time!

outburst

outburst said:

@ajcismo
LOL

@ModestFan93
Less than a year. :p Windwaker HD is already on sale for 30€ in my local store. I am really tempted but I am going all digital now for games I'd like to keep (mostly 1st party and 2nd party and Rayman Legends which goes on sale today).
I hope they put a demo and convince me to buy it on the first month.

Setrodox

Setrodox said:

I'm impressed at how faithful Ghirahim's art, movement, and attitude is to the source material.

fariflux

fariflux said:

I wish they would announce Vaati too. I mean, they've revealed only three bad guys until now, and a ton of good guys. There may be a chance we still get Vaati, right? RIGHT? ):

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

This got a decent enough review from Famitsu to get me really hyped up, now i'm just sat around twiddling my thumbs waiting for it and Bayonetta to show up already :)

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

"He's a fan of mind games and, when they don't work, creeping people out with his tongue."
LOLOLOLOL

Still kind of weirded out by the fact that he doesn't really wear pants...

Shambo

Shambo said:

@ajcismo Now THAT's a villain. Came in like a wrecking ball with barely any pants on, king of goblins (allthough he doesn't seem to be to friendly to them in this video), and with a weird sense for comedy. Creepy comedy.

Vriess

Vriess said:

I want to want to this game because I love the Zelda series, but I just can't get excited about it. It's just not my genre. I would be bored to death within 5 minutes. I am glad for the people who do want this game though. It is good to see something new being done with a big Nintendo franchise.

ben-

ben- said:

Played this game for 8 hours. It is a good game. Like the combat. It is a button basher, but the combos are crafted and unlocked.
The weapons change the characters significantly.
The story is pretty good. Not bad at all. no spoilers but the art style for the story is 100% zelda.
The game has no popin
Runs at 1080 upscaled
60 fps
over 100 enemies on screen at any time.
2 different game styles Zelda and musou.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I never noticed it before that much, but Ghirahim's second form really looks like a male Fi. Wich he actually is. Both are sword-spirits, or whatever you call them.

Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama said:

@AhabSpampurse I always thought that was the point. To create a sense of dissonance between him and Fi.

The majora's mask soundtrack did the same thing in my opinion. I'm very emotionally sensitive to music and to this day the opening theme to MM near the end when it starts to deteriorate makes me slightly ill.

Can't wait for this game!