The Walking Dead's New Table is Shambling Onto Zen Pinball 2 on 28th August

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Yep, that's for the Wii U version

Earlier this week Zen Studios clarified to us that pinball news "is coming soon" for Wii U, as we followed up on some vocal discontent that had been expressed by some Nintendo gamers on the developer's forums. The company has been good on its word, having today confirmed that the latest new table in Zen Pinball 2 will indeed come to the Wii U version of the app.

The Walking Dead is that new table, based on the hugely popular game series from Telltale Games. It incorporates elements from the five chapters of season one, including voice acting from the original cast; it'll arrive as extra content on 28th August, just one day after most other systems and at the same time as on iOS / Android. Pricing hasn't been confirmed as yet, but we'd expect it to be in line with other single-table options in the app.

Zen Pinball 2 is a fairly unique app on the eShop, as it's free to download and has multiple tables that you can trial and then buy either individually or in packs. Some criticism has centred on new tables of recent months that have skipped the Wii U version, but this is certainly a positive step in the right direction.

You can see more screens of the new table below — will you be tempted to pick this up?

[via blog.zenstudios.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I know they said soon but this really is soon. Yes I'm going to say it, this better not be all. I want more of the tables we still have yet to get!

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Ha, the only tables I will have bought will be Plants vs Zombies and this.

Star Wars is separate if I remember right.

siavm

siavm said:

Seems weird to bring this table here when the walking dead is not even on the wii u. Which is still weird sense the series is on every other system.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I may get it because I love anything Walking Dead. The only table I bought in Zen Pinball 2 is Dead Pool. :P

mushroomer

mushroomer said:

if i had a wii u, im a sucker for pinball games. i have a 3ds.. where is it for this console!!!?

DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle said:

I'm not buying anymore tables from them at all for full price. If they have another sale for half price, then I will look at picking up some more tables. They still need to fix the glitches and problems that have been around for over a year now before I'll be spending full price on anything else.

ericwithcheese2

ericwithcheese2 said:

@siavm Plants vs. Zombies isn't on Wii U, either, even though that would be a great fit with the gamepad. But it's one of their best tables (in my opinion). :)

Cyberbotv2

Cyberbotv2 said:

This is really weird. Why would they release this but not release the actual Walking dead game which has been on every console...except the Wii U?

ACK

ACK said:

I'll be there, simply for more tables... But I really wish this was based on the comic rather than that lame Telltale game.

welsh_gamer

welsh_gamer said:

Hooray! It would be nice if they released all the other tables we are waiting for on Wii U on the 28th too.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Sweet! Love me some Walking Dead & some pinball. Its like pb&j to me. I'll be picking that up.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Nice! But this rekindles my want for the Walking Dead to come over to Wii U eShop. It's already available on Ouya, Smartphones, Vita, etc. So I think it's time Wii U got it's chance to enjoy.

bofis

bofis said:

What about all the other tables we're missing? And the final set of Star Wars Pinball tables?!?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

To anyone who hasn't played the Telltale WD games, and if you have a system that plays them (basically any non-Nintendo one), do check them out. Fantastic experience.

As far as pinball goes, I just can't get into the Zen games. Love older video-gamey pinball (Revenge of the Gator, Alien Crush) or Farsight's table-accurate sims (Pinball Arcade). Zen's tables feel like this weird in-between compromise and I get tired of them quickly. But hey, at least the silver ball is becoming more popular. Viva la pin!

allav866

allav866 said:

(sigh) Why make a table based on Tt Games' Walking Dead for Nintendo's systems when the game isn't even on Nintendo's systems? I'm a fan of the TV show, but I haven't even played the award winning game.

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

I'd rather have the Guardians of the Galaxy table and the rest of the Star Wars tables.

remlapgamer

remlapgamer said:

Nintendo should be pursuing Tell Tale to create a Wii U version now after reading most of these comments. I think this will leave most fans wanting the Tell Tale series. Who knows-Nintendo may have wanted this game from Zen to test the waters and hear the fans opinions. Genius if it were true.

Monsti

Monsti said:

Thank you, Zen. I'll buy it it as soon as it's out. I will do the same with the Guardians....so...that's all I can do for support from my side. ^^ I hope other people will as well.