The Pokémon Center Online Store is in Business for US Gamers

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Gotta spend it all

If you're a Pokémon fan in the US that's willing to spend top dollar for official merchandise, the freshly launched Pokémon Center online store may be the place for you. Only taking orders and deliveries for the US, it serves up more 'mon merchandise than you could possibly dream of catching.

The main categories available are Apparel, Accessories, Plush, Home & Decor, Video Game and Trading Card Game. Most are self explanatory, and despite premium prices it's likely you'll find pretty much anything you'd hope to from such a store.

Trouble is, stock is disappearing fast, and the store seems to be getting a bit messy in the process. It went down at one point, and we've seen sections go from saying they're out of stock due to exceptional demand, only to suddenly have stock again moments later. If you go shopping, expect a few teething problems.

Check out the store and let us know what you think. Are you planning to spend a lot of cash on this Pokémon gear?

[via pokemoncenter.com]

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Does something like that exist for (mainland) Europe?
It's starting to get kinda frustrating, seeing all those (online) stores for the UK/US/Japan while pretty much everyone one else's getting the shaft :/

Mega719

Mega719 said:

I don't really like the plushy designs for some of the bigger Pokemon but everything else looks nice. Wish everything didn't look so expensive

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

This is exactly some of the cheapest prices for these plushes!! So happy. :D I'm gonna get Tyrunt when I have cash. PLEASE DONT SELL OUT.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I used to go to the Pokemon Center website all of the time, and I got a lot of stuff from there like Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire, several Poke Dolls, and some other goodies. I was really sad when they took it down, so it's great to have it back!

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

Premium prices? You can say that again! $20 for an iPhone case? They're charging that same price for notebooks, too. Some of these things would be acceptable at half their price. My goodness.

The plushies are overpriced too, but then again it takes a hardcore bargain hunter to find any Pokemon plushies without breaking the bank.

Poketendo

Poketendo said:

Wait a minute! WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONLY AMERICA!!!??? THAT'S SO UNFAIR!!! I ALREADY BROWSED THE WEBSITE AND FILLED MY BASKET!!! WHY DOES AMERICA ALWAYS GET IT!!!??? COME ON!!!!!! >:-(

ikki5

ikki5 said:

darn it. I was looking at this and think "awesome birthday present for my girlfriend but sadly... They won't ship to Canada.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Honestly, it's kind of lacking. No figurines or any 'gift-y' items. And, no Lucario anything. That is the worst of all, especially since he was a big player in X and Y with the new evolution and all.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Ah yes, Porygon 2, Metagross and Togekiss? You know my dream team so well, Gamefreak. :*

There'll be more to come since it is freshly launched so the more the merrier!

NameDifferent

NameDifferent said:

All I bought were Fennekins!! And a some pins. Its pricey, but not Poke-Vault pricey. Those plushes reach up to $44 and thats without shipping and handling!!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

What about Canada? Why does the US get everything good. Although my dad lives in the US so maybe I can get it shipped to his house. But still I wish I didn't have to do it that way.

TheMentalNomad

TheMentalNomad said:

So when they run out of stock do they just stop listing the item, or would it say "currently out of stock" on the item's page? Because this looks...really sparse right now. Not much that's very interesting or new. Disappointed.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

Sweet! Nice stuff on there. I hope they'll update the store regularly with new merch. They better have a Goodra plushie available at some point.

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

BAH!!! I am from the UK so wouldn't be able to buy anything from here but i checked it out and typed Crobat into the search engine and there was nothing to be found! The lack of Crobat merchandise makes me very sad :(

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Awesome! Checked some of the stuff out earlier, little pricey, but I might grab some stuff on there once the hype dies off.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Half of the merchandise either have Pikachu or Charizard as the main focus. Really? Where's that Aipom shirt that I have been dreaming of.

Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic said:

There's not much there. I was expecting more plushies. I'd love a growlithe plush.

But really, they don't have eeveelution plushies? You'd think those would be the most popular thing in the store. Why not have those?

Bulbalight

Bulbalight said:

@Tsurii897 in the nicest possible way, the UK are placed under Nintendo of Europe and we've never had a Pokemon Centre only France and a few other countries have. However I empathise with your frustration as there are plenty of customers who are demanding for these products too :)

Bulbalight

Bulbalight said:

Can we start shipping to Europe please?! Tbh this should've been done during the pre-production phase >__<

audiobrainiac

audiobrainiac said:

I'm a little disappointed in the merch selection. It would seem Target or Toys'r Us have more Pokemon merch than this "Pokemon Center".