The First 4 Figures Sword Kirby is Cute But Costly

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Over $200 if you want one

We do like the varied collectible figurines offered by First 4 Figures here at Nintendo Life, even if they're slightly unobtainable luxuries due to their hefty price tags. Fans of cute pink fluffball Kirby should take note, then, as Sword Kirby is the latest offering on the way in Q1 2015.

Standing at 16 inches tall, this figurine will come in two variations — the Exclusive model costs $239.99 and will only have 850 pieces; this one benefits from an LED for extra whizz-bang in Kirby's sword power swish. The standard edition is $219.99 and comes without the LED, and there'll be 2500 pieces made.

You can bask in the glory of both versions in the images below. Are any of you tempted to put down some serious cash for these? Those of us on a budget may have to settle for a Kirby amiibo.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I would never pay that much. But I have to say it does look to be of really high quality, it looks fantastic.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Would be better as a figure on Club Nintendo, we got figures on CN before...but that's just me not liking the idea of paying more then a 3DS XL for a figure....

GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare said:

looks amazingly well done
but doesn't justify the price, if I could spend money like it was nothing I'd rather buy that gold felyne for a measly $29,200 :p

2Sang

2Sang said:

I'd rather have a 3dsxl or 8 3ds games or 3 wii u games or pretty much anything nintendo-related than this. That's ridiculous for a price.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Ordered the Light Suit Samus exclusive but don't care that much for Kirby.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

WTF.

I like Kirby but not this much. I'll stick to my hoard (of 4) Kirby plushes.
Given, this thing is 16 inches high so that why it's $200 plus, but Kirby in general is a simple design which I don't think justifies this cost compared to anime figures with much higher detail of similar cost.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

And this is relatively cheap for a First 4 Figures product. Most statues run well over $400, although some of the older ones can be found for a discounted $150-250. The Zant, Midna on Wolf, and Super Sonic score as some of my all time faves...

S3OL

S3OL said:

Way way too expensive for me. There are plenty of better ways to spend your money.
Looks brilliant though.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

It's adorable but is it solid gold on the inside?! Because the mold could spit out some more reasonably-priced plastic versions.

Nintendo_Ninja

Nintendo_Ninja said:

Is it's sword made of steel and is the figure itself made of diamond? Because if not, it's way too expensive!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

This is ridiculous. It's not like this is a complicated sculpt, or the kind of figure mold that's super posable. Not that I can ever afford First 4 Figures in the first place, but this one hardly deserves its price tag.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Thank God I have a kid so I have an excuse not to shell out this kind of money on a figure.

ValiantPixel

ValiantPixel said:

This is awesome! Since I'll (hopefully) be nabbing a couple of these figures for Christmas, maybe I'll be able to get this for my birthday!

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

This is amazing! My little brother is gonna flip his lid!

It's kinda funny actually, I JUST received the newsletter from First 4 Figures a few minutes ago, and was just about to recommend this to NL as a topic... To late I guess ^^

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

Man.... stuff like this makes me wish I was a spoiled rich kid sometimes.

.....