The Console Wars Live On As Night Trap Remake Team Holds a Grudge Against Nintendo

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"There's just too much bad blood between us and them"

We often talk about the Console Wars of the '90s — a term getting plenty of mentions courtesy of Blake J. Harris' Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle That Defined a Generation — as a relic of Nintendo and Sega's past rivalry. The current scene is very different, with Nintendo going its own way, Microsoft and Sony in a battle of resolutions, while iOS (Apple) and Android (Google) hoover up ludicrous revenues on their platforms. Yet still, some lingering feelings from that Nintendo vs. Sega era do linger.

A recent example is a Kickstarter Campaign for Night Trap ReVamped, which aims to produce a remake of the Sega CD's FMV (full motion video) game for HD systems. The title was actually filmed in 1986 for Hasbro's 'Nemo' console that was scrapped, before going on to become a cult favourite among Sega CD fans — it features some comical acting as youngsters are stuck in a house with men in dark jumpsuits. You can get a sense of how the video will be cleaned up in the footage below.

The campaign is certainly ambitious, however, seeking $330,000 in funding — it's reached roughly $11,750 with 28 days to go, at the time of writing. Most intriguing is the list of platforms, consisting of PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac, with PS4 and Xbox One as options should there be sufficient demand. Why not Wii U? It seems the development team — this project is being run by those that produced the original — are still rather unhappy with Nintendo's role in the Senate hearings in the U.S that accompanied its original release in the early/mid '90s. Some controversial scenes of scantily clad teenage girls, violence and a bathroom sequence suggesting a particularly grisly attack, all helped to bring the game into the limelight; some credit it as one of the reasons that age ratings were introduced with games.

The developers are still upset at Nintendo for its part in those proceedings; below is what was posted in the Q & A section when asked why no Nintendo versions have been promised.

Ever hear the term "never burn bridges?" Well, Howard Lincoln, the former president of Nintendo US, made our lives miserable during the 1994 Senate Hearings on Video Game Violence. Not only did he quietly suggest to congressman, though the use of Nintendo-supplied and heavily edited footage, that they should demonize Night Trap rather than Nintendo's Mortal Combat[sic], but he also declared publicly that Night Trap would never appear on a Nintendo system. And he was right: as much as Nintendo desperately needs publishers to support their third-place platform, we won't be one of them. There's just too much bad blood between us and them.

That's a 20 year grudge right there, and shows how dirty the console wars were in that period. With the greatest respect to Night Trap ReVamped, however, we think the Wii U can deal with this loss.

[via kickstarter.com, eurogamer.net]

Mega719

Mega719 said:

We don't need this anyway but come on they act like Nintendo and Sega are still enemies. The past is in the past try to make up

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Howard Lincoln is what they need right now not Reggie. When he got 3rd parties back on board they actually stayed for the Gamecube generation.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

This game won't be worth the mature rating today maybe teens so kids don't watch this but come on

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I can understand why plus damn the footage actually looks okay they've done well.

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

Honestly, with an attitude like this, I think we'd be better off without it. Holding a 20-year grudge just sounds childish, especially considering how well Nintendo and Sega have worked together recently.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Everyone have their scars and I can understand that, still considering such niche-nostalgia-not_so_good title they are doing more damage to themselves than Nintendo by avoiding Wii U ^_^;

Actually the whole project sound so wrong... Removed the nostalgia few could have, the game is just bad, (or so appeared in any video I ever saw).
Maybe a full remake/reboot with changes/fixes would be interesting, or at least curious... Making nowaday a game following those same techniques would be really peculiar OoO But as it stand...no, just no >o>;

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Well, you are the last dev i will miss :D
"boo hoo, they didnt want our game and they said it was bad, now we hate them for all eternity, boo hoo"
:D how pathetic

And third place platform in dire need of support ? Excuse me sir, the other two platforms arent really flooded with games either ;)
Maybe release your game on the Xbone, the kinect can provide real footage of players too !

But why do i even care about such idiots ?

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

Why do people pretend the Xbox One is 2nd place? I understand that the Xbox One has sold several million, but it's still a few million units behind the Wii U. It was looking like the X1 was going to surpass the U but thanks to MK8's surge, the U has been outselling the X1 ever since.

I mean, these devs should at least get their facts straight.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I'll be surprised if they even hit their goal anyways so does any of this really matter. I wouldn't want this and I didn't want it then.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@MAB I'd rather play a HD version of Urban Champion! Just to add games to a system that needs them isn't always the answer! :P

AndyWARbear

AndyWARbear said:

Played the original and it's fair to say there's no amount of remaking the game to make it playable. It's only good for nostalgic reasons for the few thousand people who actually bought it. In this case, when the original game is a load of garbage, the remake cannot be any better unless it's a completely new game.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

The Wii U is doomed without support from these guys. Might as well pack it in.

Xilef

Xilef said:

I'm sure Nintendo is crying oceans over a remake of a crappy game.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Looks about as promising as a remake as Plumbers Don't Wear Ties was a game.
Games did try and use pure sex to sell, it just worked horribly.
The original Night Trap lived in the long shadow of many, far better games.

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

"Third-place platform?"

Yeah, right. Wii U would actually be the best platform to show this on.

I'm just going to wish luck to them if they want to hit $300000 in four weeks,

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

Never burn bridges?? More like never keep grudges, especially over some stupid 90's game that a majority of people probably even forgot existed until now.

I can't believe they would keep a grudge for over 20 years. I mean, come on! Haven't you seem the content on the Wii U nowadays? Bayonetta 2, that Devil's Third game, and others that are well beyond the stuff seen in Night Trap.

BigH88

BigH88 said:

That's some funny stuff. You old cry babies. Get over it. Either way though I wouldn't purchase this game. It doesn't look good and I don't see how HD would make it any better.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

Oh well. I don't think the original game was good enough to justify a remake. What's next, a remake of Ninjabread Man?

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Are there really that many (any??) gamers nostalgic for the brief early days of CD games that were almost nothing more than FMV tech demos? About the only one that's aged somewhat reasonably is Dragon's Lair and that's mostly because of the beautiful animation.

Stucazzo

Stucazzo said:

Howard Lincoln has been gone for how many years now? I would release it on the WiiU just for spite. But I'm sure Nintendo won't be losing any sleep. And I like his "third place" quip.

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

wow does this mean we wont get this remake of a turd. Old saying you cant polish a turd

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I honestly don't care about this game (I'd never even heard of it before now), and I doubt they'll hit their lofty goal. I would like to point out that the Wii U currently holds a solid second place, though.

fortius54

fortius54 said:

This was all just a ploy to generate some interest in the game. I don't fault them for it. You know the old saying? "Any publicity is good publicity." Unfortunately, this game was not just know for the controversy surrounding it. It was also know as a not so superior game. Personally, I enjoyed Sewer Shark more than Night Trap. I think they would be better off doing a remake than a restore. And, there was also a version of this game with better quality video on the 3DO, I think. So, they may be using that footage instead of "cleaning up" the Sega CD footage.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

I applaud a good rivalry.....maybe AE Games can start a developers war vs these guys.

No chance this gets funded though. Won't even make it to $75K.

ZeroZX_Dev

ZeroZX_Dev said:

Nintendo does not "need" your games if you're going to hold 20 year old grudges. What the Wii U needs is less butt hurt publishers with actual good games.

steamtrain

steamtrain said:

The only legit reason I can think of why they want 330,000 USD for this is if someone on the project bought the raw footage or the rights to the game out of embarrassement, and now they are want 300,000 USD for it...

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

LOL, that's hilarious. It would be sad if I had any interest at all in the game, but luckily that's not the case.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Wow, now I'm not sure what's public funded campaign is worse. Developers holding a 20 year grudge for a HD remake of a poor game or gamers who hold a 20 year grudge for a poor game that is now being made to be different, modern, and better then its predecessor (Shaq Fu). Guess I'll know in 28 days.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

@Beetlejuice almost true. Most kids weren't even around to know about the game during that time, so the sad part is, it's mostly whiny Adults complaining.

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

Night Trap was an awesome game and I would love to play it again! Nintendo's loss and I guess mine too. I've mentioned this before in old posts, Nintendo were real jerks back in the day and they're still paying for those evil moves to this day.

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

AJ_Lethal

AJ_Lethal said:

@Beetlejuice Except it's a 20-year grudge against NoA, and 20 years ago NoA had a completely different administration from today.

It comes out as petty.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Ever hear the term "never burn bridges?"

Well, these guys clearly haven't either. Burning their bridge with current Nintendo fans over something that was beyond them.

Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe said:

So lemme get this straight. a developer refuses to release a remake of a a controversial not very good game on Wii U all because of something that happened 20 years ago. Talk about immature

ACK

ACK said:

My cousin owned Night Trap as a kid and literally the only reason to play it was to get an adolescent fix of cheesy gore and awkward sex scenes... I think I'm beyond that now.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

@Beetlejuice @ultraraichu That's what is amusing about it. Had these guys announced that it would be coming to Wii U, it's a safe bet a lot of these same posts would, at the very least, be saying something along the lines of keeping watch for reviews and hope. Heck, throw in some praises as well.

Samwise7

Samwise7 said:

Oh no! Now Night Trap can't do for the Wii U what it did for the Sega CD! Oh wait....

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

I actually wonder if it's an excuse more than anything else. All those platforms are going to be using a controller, I'd imagine, like on the Sega CD whatsit. But I f you look at this game, then clearly the WiiU would present the best control method for the game. The TV shows the currently viewed monitor, while the game pad… basically works as a touch screen version of the rest of the display from the old game. However to implement this… might be a fair bit of extra work on top of everything else. So is this really an old grudge they won't let go of, or a bit of laziness? I guess we'll never know.
But honestly, the platform doesn't matter, it'll still be the same trial and error kind of game that I can't see being popular with newer audiences. People who do buy it are probably going to just end up using Walkthroughs anyway…

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Like most fmv games complete crap unless you play them for the so bad it's good horror flick kind of thing to laugh your donkey off at them.

Adam

Adam said:

Haha, I was laughing as soon as I saw Night Trap team, and even more after seeing what they said. I don't think this third place console needs your third rate game which isn't going to get funded in the first place.

9th_Sage

9th_Sage said:

Haha, yeah, I'm sure Night Trap HD will be a system seller. I mean...I give them credit for the dedication they have to bringing this back, but who in their right mind wants an FMV game in this day and age? I never want to see one of those again as long as I live.

Morph

Morph said:

Comical, i bet nintendo didnt even know they existed, probably still dont. The stupid thing is, i know a lot of ppl from that era of sega gaming who have found their home on nintendo platforms now. So they've cut a big chunk out of their potential market by not including wii u, how petty for something that happened 20yrs ago

TooManyToasters

TooManyToasters said:

Night Trap and Sewer Shark both their own as only a couple of the worst Sega CD games ever produced. Even now I'm not surprised that terrible game makers hold Nintendo responsible for their own fauts.

GN004Nadleeh

GN004Nadleeh said:

10% business and 90% putting other people out of business- gta v (a game wii u will never have)

allav866

allav866 said:

So you guys are gonna remake Night Trap? Haha! Good luck selling that polished turd on any system!

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice said:

Guess you can't point out the obvious around here without getting coments deleted, so I will just join the mindless masses then!

These developers suck!! It's been 20 years and they are still upset at Nintendo? Get over it! We don't want your crappy game on Nintendo consoles anyway so who cares? Hope these bums don't make any money on Kickstarter and they have to give up

khululy

khululy said:

ah FMV games I remember those days well.
The only few that did it right where on PC anyway :P

mike_intv

mike_intv said:

To me, the take-away point is that a lot of people in this business have long memories: Do me wrong once, I will make your life horrible forever.

Nintendo had a horrible reputation with many third parties during the NES and SNES days. Not everyone has forgotten about that. And I would not be surprised if some of the decisions being made today are the results of those decisions made more than a quarter century ago (when someone who is now an executive may have been a developer/programer).

It is not unlike EA apparently making decisions not to bring things to the WiiU because Nintendo supposedly not to make Origin the main network for the console. (EA feels crossed and won't bring games to the console — and it has a history of dealing with people this way (see Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast)).

As for Activision and Ubisoft, these decisions are at least in part based on business (but sometimes they don't seem to make sense to us), so it is somewhat rationale. (Though I am sure there are some execs there who had issues with Nintendo and scores to settle as well — it is just there is not a connected case like with EA).

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

Haha Nintendo's own Project Guard made me think of NightTrap and the possibilities for Gamepad use. Personally I think NT would be best suited to the WiiU. But I also remember what garbage the game was and wouldn't back it or buy it.

ACK

ACK said:

@Lalivero Doubtful. Night Trap is toxic for anyone unfortunate enough (I kid) to own a Sega CD I the 90s. The most likely scenario is that this article would have struggled to get over 20-ish posts. I certainly don't recall people flocking to heap praise on other questionable franchise re-boots (Road Rash, comes to mind).

I don't see why that would change here, the actual comments are the only thing that makes this relevant to most people.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

If there is anyone who should be holding grudges against Nintendo, it's my parents.

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Okay....I have a feeling Nintendo would never want this on their platform anyway. Good luck asking for $330,000 just to up-res really old video.

Sooo, Why the hell is the girl only wearing a bra the whole time? And it's called Night Trap....is...is this Obsessed Stalker Simulator 2014: Booby Trap Edition?

Tsusasi

Tsusasi said:

If it weren't for the hearings, Night Trap would have barely been a tiny footnote in gaming history. There wasn't even a demand for the game until the 'controversy'. Placing the 'blame' where they do, they should thank Nintendo for the bump in sales.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

It's nothing more than a brilliant PR tactic.

"Hey Sony and Xbox fanboys, we hate Nintendo. Let's make another game Nintendo fanboys can't play. GIVE US MONEY!"

That's basically what they are doing, fueling fanboy hype for sales. So kudos to them for thinking of the idea. In the end, it's going to be a POS game.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Yo @MAB, why did you buy a Wii U anyway? You should have just bought one of these: Untitled

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Well, had they offered a Wii U version, the hame would have still never made it there because there is no way they'll get that ridiculous amount of money to remaster a video.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

While Nintendo where a bit 'evil' back in the day, like the fact if you made a game for Nintendo's system, it could not be ported to another system. Thanks to a court-ruling, that rule does not exist.

Plus at the time of release, the ESRB did not exist, and Night Trap (yes, a violent game, more like a terrible horrible movie <_<) and Mortal Kombat where the reasons the ESRB system came about.

Nowadays, there are T & M rated games on Nintendo consoles, so I don't think Nintendo would have any problem with this being released on the Wii U.

noctowl

noctowl said:

@Tsusasi the different strokes girl? That makes it almost worth playing.

I have a lot of great memories of the 90s. This game and the nameless devs are not part or that.

YorkshireNed

YorkshireNed said:

Wow, so many different thoughts about this. First - they want to remake Night Trap? Sure I played it endlessly in the day but it was very much a product of its time and kitsch even when it came out. Second - wow, that's a long time to hold a grudge. Thirdly - man, that was a mean spirited thing the Nintendo dude said in congress. Fouthly - wouldn't it be way cooler to prove him wrong by getting it on a Nintendo platform and then send him an e-mail?

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

Really a grudge? How old are these men and women?To still think like that,that's just sad and pathetic.

micronean

micronean said:

It doesn't really seem like a 'console war'. It looks more like a bunch of guys having a personal grudge on another bunch of guys. The names Nintendo and Sega being coincidental.

Anyway, without the real tragic hero of this game (The late Dana Plato) this game will never garner the interest to get off the ground.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

The console war was a part of history... how NIntendo disallow third parties to develop games for Sega and NEC, as well as the fierce war among these consoles.

accc

accc said:

Night Trap was basically the The Letter of its day. The Wii U is better off not being polluted by garbage like this.

AndymanMessiah

AndymanMessiah said:

It sounds less like a "console war" or a "grudge" and more like one developer's desperate attempt at garnering attention for a cash grab remake of a bad Sega CD game (with the exception of Snatcher, is there any other type?) that holds, in my opinion, extremely questionable "cult status". More power to them, I guess.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Um,yeah, hey, Night Trap manchildren? Did you stop to think the people behind Nintendo /then/ may not be the people behind Nintendo /now/? And it's been twenty years. You're acting like huffy kindergartners. Night Trap was a game that came in during a time when video games were just beginning to be taken seriously as a medium and you guys got caught up in some of the inevitable controversy. Of course Nintendo went against you, they were the ones who wanted to keep things simple. That was their vision, and you had a different one. That's fine! I can understand being mad at certain people within Nintendo, such as Howard Lincoln, but he's not there anymore and, honestly, most of the people there weren't there back then, at least not in the capacity they probably are now.

And that's a shame. No Nintendo release, no Night Trap for me. This game doesn't really inspire me any more or less to want to pick up one of the other two systems. Ah well. Save my money for Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero!

SethNintendo

SethNintendo said:

Third place platform....? Also, who the heck spells Mortal Kombat... Mortal Combat? Their game sucks and only became folk legend due to the ratings board and ban/hiding of game in stores. The only Sega CD game worth anything (besides Sonic) would be Tomcat Alley (I'm sure you can throw some JRPGs in there also).

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

@ACK I suppose you're right :P but it was just as much a point that there's too many times to count here where, if you say anything against the big N, you're an a**hat that will be condemned to hell or something, regardless of whether or not it is a reasonable argument.

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

You know what? Screw them I hope they fail. It's not even the fact that I own a WiiU, I'd never buy something like this as I hated those games in the 90s. It's the fact they can't after 20 years get over themselves and a long dead console war anyone in their right mind got sick of ages ago and don't want to revisit other than in a video game museum. Grow up! If I could negative donate money to their campaign I would because they're acting childish.

Caryslan

Caryslan said:

While there is no doubt Nintendo was a company that often played dirty during the 8 and 16-bit eras, and it could be argued they used the senate hearings during that time less because they cared about violence in video games(as Sega showed when they threw the Super Scope and the violent games on their platforms in Nintendo's face at those same hearing) and more to hurt Sega's image, this is pretty pathetic.

So what, who cares if Nintendo unfairly dragged Night Trap through the mud in 1993 to spite Sega and hurt them? Nintendo was in the middle of the single most bitter console battle and they often resorted to cheap and dirty tactics to keep or regain their lead. You know what? Sega did the same thing. Nintendo used the hearings to help their business and show themselves as the family friendly company compared to the much more liberal Sega.

That is all in the past. Howard Lincoln has been gone from NOA for over ten years. Sega no longer makes video game systems and is Nintendo's closest ally, and Nintendo no longer blocks content on their systems and has even bankrolled or published some M rated games over the years.

Night Trap is a footnote in history, and why they think we need a remake is beyond me. Why the development team wants to bring up the past is even more beyond me.

Sony and Microsoft fans don't hate Nintendo like Sega fans did back in the day! The modern Console wars(if you want to call it that) pretty much involves some light hearted jabs each company tosses at each other. Everyone in the modern gaming market has their share of the pie and they are happy with that. Being the top console no longer has the meaning it did in pervious generations.

Compare that to the 16-bit era where Nintendo and Sega were constantly trading barbs, insults, and cheap shots at each other and fought a bitter war to become the top console. While the fans of each system argued with each other on playgrounds and you did not see Nintendo congratulating Sega on a successful launch back then!

That's my point, Microsoft and Sony fans don't care, old Sega fans like me don't care since the Modern Sega no longer makes systems, and most Nintendo fans likely don't care or don't even know what these developers are talking about since they were likely born well after the 16-bit era!

At the end of the day, who cares? All the major players have changed since 1993. Maybe someone should send the Night Trap remake team the memo over a fax machine or something. Tell them its 2014,21 years have passed and that FMV games have been out of style since the PS1 and Saturn.

SethNintendo

SethNintendo said:

I like how the enemies walk around like monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. I imagine that is how most people who break and enter houses walk around the premise. They should have just had monkeys as the entire cast to save on production costs.

GhotiH

GhotiH said:

I literally just got myself Night Trap and now I hear about a remake? sigh I'd actually like it if they refilmed the entire project. That would be interesting. This is the kind of game that could benefit from the second screen of the 3DS and/or Wii U, so it's a shame Nintendo shot themselves in the foot here.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

MAB, you ended one of your posts without a ;)! Shocking! :O

Night Trap only holds unintentional lulz value to me. It's not necessary I play it on Wii U, so just as well.

IxnayontheCK

IxnayontheCK said:

What?? We're not getting the remake of...uh...wait ...what's the game called again...LOL good luck on that KS goal...smh

Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe said:

First rule of business keep personal views to yourself. Letting your emotions influence your business decisions is a recipe for failure

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

While I agree with some people that it is silly to hold a 20 year old grudge but I bet there are many people out there that hold grudges that are even longer for worse reasons. I have a 12 year old grudge against someone would that make me childish, to some maybe but I can understand why they don't want to release it on the Wii U and it's their choice in the end.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

This game was crap back then and it'll probably still be crap now, I rather support Shaq Fu instead. Also noticed how this game only came out on platforms nobody care about at the time: 3DO, Sega CD, and 32X, like anyone today is gonna be interest in an old game from some crappy platforms.

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai said:

I find it pretty amusing that people here are defending Nintendo after they demonized this developer's game falsely, in the US Congress of all places, to make themselves look better in the national light.

Ah, the wonders of console fandom.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Night Trap? Seriously? What would be the appeal of an FMV game in this day and age? I'll play the original if I'm feeling nostalgic. Which I'm not, because the original was awful, and was notable only for the buttons it pushed.

Boshar

Boshar said:

DAYUM! Still know the titlesong from this game. And poor Dana Plato. I played this on the Sega CD. Ground Zero: Texas is a similar game but is way better then Night trap. But games are atrocious by todays standards. Nobody needs a remake of this.

HopeNForever

HopeNForever said:

I would never trust the mindset of a bunch of a development group who can simply misspell the title of the Mortal Kombat franchise - a really big series nowadays. They even called it "Nintendo's", which is weird considering Nintendo censored the first game, and Sega's Mortal Kombat ports were more popular, I believe. These people obviously haven't seen Miyamoto's Project Guard demo at E3 2014.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

@8BitSamurai
Yes, Nintendo did some unsavory stuff in the 90's. We all realize that. The point is that it is ancient history. If you or the developers of Night Trap can't get past that, well... good riddance.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Okay, let's be frank here. There's no telling how much of what these guys said about Nintendo's methods is actually true, but I'll just believe them for now and say that much: if Nintendo really played that much of a role in the establishment of age ratings for games, they have every right in the world to loathe them until the last nail hits the coffin.
So, instead of hitting low, let's think about the main problem. Age ratings cost money and waste time, and if they didn't exist today, parents would be forced to face the topic in order to understand their children, games would be released quicker, localization for europe would be instantaneous instead of tedious, and ugly rating logos wouldn't tarnish beautiful game covers.

Going so far as to call them immature for hating Nintendo for that isn't even that unjustified, so leave them to their opinion and decision, and just be glad that Night Trap won't show up on WiiU.

eltomo

eltomo said:

Who cares what these clowns think. They're just making statements to get themselves noticed that they're remaking this farce of a game.

Although, I do like the bad acting in these kind of games, they're hilarious. Mad Dog Mccree and the first SWAT game

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai said:

@Ralizah

It isn't ancient history when Nintendo burned bridges by trying to destroy the developer's livelihood, and then did nothing to build them back up. I think the developers are justified in being cautious in regards to Nintendo, and it doesn't really matter for a low-key title like this.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

@brandonbwii we don't want games like this but we want AAA games from 3rd parties. We finally have the console that can get great games from 3rd parties yet it still is shunned

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I love how they are making such a big deal out of one of the most BORING, STUPID, MOVIE-GAMES EVER. Seriously, while I can appreciate the historical importance of this title (hint hint, the idea for the ESRB happened because of this), it simply... Well... SUCKED.

hendie001

hendie001 said:

Everyone was on nintendo for not joining the cd era but games like show you how bad cd gaming was until the ps2, xbox and gamecube. Keep your sega garbage! What a joke.

meppi

meppi said:

I'm always glad when a developer publicly says moronic stuff like that.
It makes it so much easier to not support them, no matter what platform they develop for.

JudgeMethos

JudgeMethos said:

Third place??? Actually, 2nd sir -_- And at least Nintendo has class with their games. I don't really see how a Night Trap on ANY system is best for business. Heh heh...

JudgeMethos

JudgeMethos said:

@8BitSamurai well, those developers bridges were burned but the actual Sega let all that go and went third party. Some let it go and some didn't. Howard Lincoln threw their game under the bus but I remember it as funny, violent, and lame growing up. Just sayin. They need to let that ish go. It ain't worth it when Sega MAKES games for the Wii U and 3ds among others.

JudgeMethos

JudgeMethos said:

@8BitSamurai it's because people didn't like that Nintendo used to be die hard against blood in their games while Sega was a bit more open to it and it showed. People made fun of Mortal Kombat on the Super Nintendo for having sweat come out/off of characters then blood but it looked better than the Genesis. It wasn't just Sega CD games. It was at a time when game violence started getting noticed and Nintendo defended themselves while pointing out that it's NOT us with the bloody games, it's our competition. That really isn't mean imo. It was a true.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Well, that was... lame. Please excuse me while I get back to playing Conker's Bad Fur day, which is a cult classic for all the right reasons...

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

Well you know, looking at the doctored suggestive art with the blond in their own art up there with the road sign, they can basically just go u-turn themselves too.