Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Bringing the Fight to the Play Nintendo Tour in US

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Battles coming to the last three legs

Over the summer months Nintendo of America has been taking its Play Nintendo Tour around the US, a 2DS / 3DS event that's offered various games for attendees to try out while enjoying the luxuries of themed furniture, StreetPass hits and competitions.

Up until now the featured games have been those already available in stores, but Nintendo of America has now confirmed that for the final few weeks of the tour Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will be playable.

Below are the details of the final three legs in which gamers will have a chance to try out the October release.

• August 15-17 — Atlanta, GA — Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford, GA 30519
  • August 22-24 — Houston, TX — The Galleria, 5085 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77056
  • August 29-September 1 — Irvine, CA — Irvine Spectrum Center, 71 Fortune Drive, Irvine, CA 92618

Are you planning to head to any of these events to try it out, or will you join the legions on Twitter demanded an eShop demo so all can play? Maybe both? Let us know.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

Got excited for nothing... missed my chance to get NYCC tickets so can't play Wii U again either

S3OL

S3OL said:

Again, it's the US. Everything happens in the US.
Is there not a Nintendo of Europe that can do the same thing?

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Yay I live in Indiana. The closest one of those is still about 12 hours away from me driving. Lame. Why wasn't this available at ALL locations from the start?!

Robo-Knight

Robo-Knight said:

They should've just called it, Nintendo of Georgia, Texas & California, Nintendo of America should imply that it'd go too all 50 freaking States. >_<

At the very least, they should've released a Demo of it on the Eshop, asap.

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

@S3OL Don't get too down. The US is gigantic and there are only a few events. And even for those lucky few who can go, they're overcrowded beyond belief as a result.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"or will you join the legions on Twitter demanded an eShop demo so all can play?"

I'm not a Twitter guy, but I think demos should be on the eShop. We should all be demandING it :-)

S3OL

S3OL said:

@Jahir Yeah, the SM4SH sales are great. I can't see them being limited to Europe though, that'd be ridiculous.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Wow. These are literally on the other side of the continent from me. (I live in Florida)

PigmaskColonel

PigmaskColonel said:

YEEEES! I live in Texas! This is going to be my third time playing Smash Bros. for 3DS!!

I'm really sorry for all of you who couldn't go...

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Canada has the same kind of tour but I don't live in Toronto. I wish we had events like that here.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Will go to the Irvine one!
Anyone know what time these things start? Looking forward to it!

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

@S3OL There have been chances in Europe though much less available. Hyper Japan, Gamescom and EGX London were the only options.

S3OL

S3OL said:

@Grumblevolcano I see, well thanks for letting me know! I'm nowhere near any of the venues but it's nice to know that there were some opportunities.

S3OL

S3OL said:

@sinalefa Haha yeah, it's a name I picked up from someone else and haven't been able to stop using it. It's so clever.