New Avengers Game, With Spider-Man, is Swinging Onto 3DS in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

For a Japan-only anime, sadly

The Avengers are big business right now, with the high-profile film being one of the greatest box-office successes in history, also directing attention to the existing comics and other media for the superhero team. The heightened interest in the other aspects of The Avengers also brought us a mediocre game, too.

In Japan, meanwhile, Toei Animation and Walt Disney Japan have this year launched Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, a TV anime series following the team. Perhaps unsurprisingly, regular Disney collaborators Bandai Namco are now confirmed to be bringing Disk Wars Avengers: Ultimate Heroes to 3DS; it'll reportedly feature multiple playable characters — Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, and Spider-Man — that can be swapped on the touch screen, with multiple modes to take in a story and challenges.

A brief teaser trailer and a couple of choice screens are below, though unfortunately we don't expect this outside of Japan, not unless the TV show makes its way to the West as well.

[via siliconera.com]

blaze8937

blaze8937 said:

I really hope this comes out in America it actually looks cool. And I would be surprised if it didnt like I never would have thought marvel would be that big in japan

Bizzyb

Bizzyb said:

I've seen a few episodes of the anime. It's very Yu-gi-Oh/Pokemonesqe. Couldn't get into it.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Oh god, no. If the X-Men and Wolverine animé incarnations are anything to go by, this'll be a painful nightmare.

Bizzyb

Bizzyb said:

@Kaze_Memaryu those anime are masterpieces by comparison. This is Marvel meets Pokemon. The heroes are trapped inside pokeballs (disks) for goodness sake

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

This is cool. I guess this answers my question of whether or not there is a Japanese equivalent to weaboos, that love western stuff so much they pretend to know their culture.

Anyway, I'm glad Japan seems to like the Avengers.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

As AVGN once said, if it's only released in Japan, it means it's either the only good one, or it's really, REALLY bad... Of course I am paraphrasing because it is 3AM and I am too lazy to look up the actual quote. Just know it was from the Star Wars games video.