Minor Web Miiverse Update Allows You to Show Off Favourite Genres

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The Miiverse equivalent to system stability

When it came to system updates in the Wii and DS era, Nintendo typically didn't get too carried away with frequent changes and additions. That's all changed in this Wii U and 3DS era, with system stability changes on a regular basis, while Miiverse — as a browser-based service — regularly has minor enhancements and adjustments; it's no more a case of "let's wait until there's more to change", as the update cycle speeds up.

Thankfully with Miiverse there's no waiting time, and Nintendo sometimes alternates between updating all three versions — Wii U, 3DS and web — or just one at a time. The latest update, however, is the most minor yet, so prepare to not have your socks blown off by the details below.

It's an improvement, to be fair, and we'd be quick to complain if updates weren't forthcoming. Have you set your favourite genre list on Wii U and 3DS, and will you now do so on the web browser version? Why isn't "platformer" an option? Both important questions...

MarkS27

MarkS27 said:

I was surprised platformer wasn't an option as well, especially considering the large number of platformers that Nintendo makes.

IxC

IxC said:

Nintendo calls platformers "action games".

I assume "action" is an option?

It was always a little weird/jarring hearing Iwata call NSMB a "2D action series" rather than "platformer". But thats just what they do.

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

Like Marty mentioned, this feature's been available for awhile. Why point it out again?

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

First one I put "Action" since there's no platformer option.
Second I put RPG and third I have Simulation (mainly because I like Animal Crossing).

DinoFett

DinoFett said:

Currently for my profile 'Sim' would appear first because of 'Tomodachi'.

Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r said:

Thomas was the first person I followed on Miiverse... He still hasn't changed his description one bit, since then. xD

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was visiting Nintendo Life, and I saw the article saying that Miiverse had finally hit the 3DS. On the article, it showed a screen-shot of Tom's profile, and I thought "Hey, there's his username, maybe I oughta follow him". Ah, good times, good times. xD

And as for the genres I set as my favorite(a while back), they are:
Adventure
RPG
Fighting

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@IxC Strange because the search thing on Nintendo.co.uk has platformer as a subsection of Action/Adventure (That has basically all games in it other than Sport).

tysonfury

tysonfury said:

Miiverse is still toooo sloooooow, so is eshop. It really puts me off posting or even checking my notifications. It's still browser based, why the web elements couldn't be integrated into a static OS I don't know - for example, Miiverse notifications in games like SM3DW, or, day I say it, Xbox 360's OS....