Capcom Confirms Shark 'Laser' for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Posted by Karen Halloran

I don't know but I've been told that shark pew pew is mighty cold

Earlier this week we reported reported on the inspiration for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's zamtrios. Several astute commenters pointed out both here and on Yuri Aurajo's original blog post that the shark seemed to lack laser power. Capcom quickly moved to address fan concern with the following:

In contrast to Steven Spielberg's original "shark's eye view" directorial approach, we see a full-body frontal shot of an evidently unhappy zamtrios trying to discourage a pesky hunter with laser fire. Actual laser fire — well, icy laser fire.

Is the confirmation of the zamtrios' laser filling you with hunter's resolve? Is the need for a bigger dragonship clear yet? Think diving while in the path of an oncoming zamtrios with confirmed ranged capabilities is perhaps not the best idea? Fire away in the comments!

Thanks to ThinkGeek for the other laser shark image.

[via twitter.com]

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

No no it doesn't count I want my laser or at the very least a Sharknado themed attack. >:[

Josaku

Josaku said:

This will only come to 3DS right? . . . a damn shame it won't see the light of day on WiiU ^^

Sir_Anthony

Sir_Anthony said:

As a lance user, this is terrible news! Dodging lasers while holding a shield is nearly impossible.

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

All I wanted was sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their heads... What did I get? Angry sea bass!

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

A lot of deja vu with these MH4 articles. None of this is new info, everyone knows that, but you're covering it as though this stuff hasn't been written about on Nintendolife before.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

What's with everyone calling these attacks lasers anyways? lol
Before it was Deviljho's lasers, looks NOTHING like a laser. xD

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

@Xiao_Pai its a reference to a Mike Myers film series Austin Powers in which the villain Dr Evil always expresses his wish for "Sharks with lazer beams attached to their heads"

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

Finally, a shark with FRIGGIN LASER BEAMS!
Dr. Evil will rejoice at the news..

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

@Tsuchinoko well that depends on who you ask. If you are ask me, I think its stupid.
Its not even a beam attack, It is a water jet stream

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Metal Gear Ray already shoots water lasers.

A Shark should definitely have a mechanical laser on its head instead.

ollietaro

ollietaro said:

I'm not sure you fight Zamtrios on a Dragon Ship. Do you? That would make it an Elder Dragon.