Weirdness: Japanese Rocker Gackt Plays Mega Man 2 While His Expensive Sports Car Gleams In The Background

Posted by Damien McFerran

Wearing shades indoors, naturally

Unless you're really keen on Japanese rock music, the name Gackt might not mean that much to you, but take it from us — he's a big name in his own country.

Gackt — real name Kamui Gakuto — found fame as a member of the band Malice Mizer, and since going it alone has gained the male soloist record for most top ten consecutive singles in Japanese music history. Recently, he has embarked on a successful career as an actor.

He's also the kind of guy who likes to play old video games in front of his flashy sports car, as you can see from the footage below.

[via gonintendo.com]

neumaus

neumaus said:

I just **cannot** believe this guy is over 40! It's like he doesn't age...
I was disappoint that he didn't talk much : He just seems...different from before.

Look up his old appearances, they're a lot better than this.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

@neumaus Just look at Sakurai :P Hes over 40 too. There must be something in the water over there :D

And yay for some more MegaMan love :D

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@Tsurii897 Sakurai is 53 what in the world are you talking about? Hell look at Miyamoto and Iwata. Both are approaching there 60's and look as spry as mid 40's.

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@Einherjar Have you seen a picture from when he was younger? Like he reversed their song adding processes. Wish I knew their secret well besides their amazing health regiments.

Wow this dude looks 20ish!

lamco

lamco said:

Malice mizer is one of my most favourite bands EVER. This articke just reminded me of that :D

RevesAvalon

RevesAvalon said:

I love it when Gackt is in gaming commercials. It makes him seem more like a regular guy XD

yuwarite

yuwarite said:

He seems very arrogant and smarmy, and not just because he's wearing sunglasses indoors.

JusticeColde

JusticeColde said:

He's rich and he wants you to know that he's rich.

Dang, he looks like he's in his late-teens to early-twenties.

DanteSolablood

DanteSolablood said:

@Stumpynuts Lol, afraid not, I eat a lot of processed Western crap, am in my mid 30s and still get called out for being in my late teens or early twenties. It's all in the genetics, my mum was the same.

Gackt is actually HUGE in Japan and not only does a lot of music for some of the biggest kids shows such as Sentai & Kamen Rider... but also guest stars in them, I think he was in one of the Kamen Rider movies. Weirder still, is there is a Kamen Rider Decade version of Megaman... featuring Gackt's music... I LP'd it on my YouTube channel last year!