Video: Watch Us Gleefully Bust Some Skulls In Hyrule Warriors

Posted by Damien McFerran

So much carnage

Hyrule Warriors is a unique title in that it takes two very popular franchises — Zelda and Dynasty Warriors — and combines them to create a game which should in theory appeal to two very different fanbases.

We've got a more detailed hands-on preview going up on the site soon, but in the meantime here's some off-screen footage taken at Nintendo's recent post-E3 event in the UK. Is this title shaping up as you expected? Let us know with a comment.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

I've only ever played the Vita Warriors game, and found it spectacularly dull after about an hour.

But this looks beautiful. Will watch reviews with great interest.

Volmun

Volmun said:

So excited for this game and hopeing we (UK) Get that awsome Chest CE

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Can't wait for this but I will be waiting for reviews and possibly getting Bayonetta first. I wish Ubisoft were publishing because I could get them all for £20 by Xmas!

Volmun

Volmun said:

Ik i probably stand alone on this but id like it if there was Amiibo to this.... purly so i culd get Figers of the Zelda cast.

yemsols

yemsols said:

This game would be the first time I'll be playing as link the least in a zelda game. But thats probably cause it'll be the first time I'd get to play as anyone besides link in a zelda game. Anyways he's definitely my least favorite out out all the characters shown so far.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

You know as great as the graphics look on this I think the new Zelda U looks so much better. Maybe realistic graphics are a thing of the past for me. That Zelda U is so pretty!!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Spoony_Tech - "Maybe realistic graphics are a thing of the past for me. That Zelda U is so pretty!!"

I know what you mean. I'm about 3 hours into WW HD and thinking it looks really good, Zelda U is going to look so much better. but I'm also 2 hours into Tomb Raider on PS3, and thinking how incredible that looks, and how great it would be to actually get a Zelda game looking like that. (Really the Wii U should be able to better PS3 graphics, it's a 7 year old system.)

But then I think, well maybe not. So now I'm torn. Not that I have any say in the matter. This looks great though after 3 DW Gundam games on PS3.

Will probably mostly play this 2 player so it may be a non-issue, but any chance you can get get the map off the tv and onto the Gamepad? If I were making any DW type game for Wii U that would have been the first thing I did.

redwingleader

redwingleader said:

Forgive my unfamiliarity with Dynasty Warriors but from the game play I am reminded of a LOZ version of No More Heroes. If I am right, I will be losing many an hour to this title.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

The fact that this game has asynchronous multiplayer definitely has near the top of my wishlist. Local co-op should be a pretty good time!