Video: This Hyrule Warriors Trailer Shows Off Agitha's Peculiar Moves

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

If you don't like insects, look away now

Not too long ago Koei Tecmo confirmed, through Famitsu magazine and then its official website, that Agitha from Twilight Princess would be a playable character in Hyrule Warriors; it was an interesting reveal, with subsequent screenshots showing various large bugs being used as part of special moves.

Koei has now released a trailer for Agitha, as it has for all playable characters, to give us a better sense of how she'll go about destroying hundreds of foes. Her melee moves are fairly minimalistic, it seems, though she summons enormous bugs that either wipe out enemies or — in the case of a giant butterfly — give her the brief ability to fly. It looks fun, though for our money is also rather peculiar.

You can check it out below, while the game's website suggests that more characters, stages and features will be officially revealed — hopefully settling loose rumours — in the coming weeks.

[via gamecity.ne.jp]

FragRed

FragRed said:

What did I just watch? That was... weird. But then again it is Japanese so I should expect that.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

I watched that sometime around noon already (uhm..CEST) and I have to say, that Agitha looks just plain boring. The Warriors series is (for me) about flashy OTT moves and those bugs are just really lame. I'm pretty sure, that's not even half of her moves, but I doubt, I'll be too tempted to play with her

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Hm. I like her due to the sheer oddness of her fighting style... But I still really have my fingers crossed for Tingle. Starting to get nervous he isn't playable, that's the one reveal I'm anxious to hear...

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

Mowing down hordes of enemies with giant magical butterflies just sounds right. How has it not been done before?

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Interesting! The reason her name is Agitha is because it is phonetically similar to Ageha, which is her name in Japanese and also a word for butterfly.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I still can't believe they picked her, it's just... well, purely unexpected XD

Still her umbrella-beat/bugs-summoning style looks fun (and I'm not even a fan of bugs >.>; )

Still hope one of the next characters to be revealed will be a Goron, I wanna roll without control against all those skulls and goblins XP

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Just when I think I've seen just about everything... I stand corrected. Really liked what I saw tho. Looking forward to this title more and more.

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

She's slow and has an incredibly annoying giggle. >_>

nope.gif

Lana is my favorite so far. Fighting by summoning and moving those blocks around looks awesome.

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

Yea I agree with others that she sounded pretty awful. It was basically the same two sounds over and over again. Idk, if the others were like that, but she was painfully obvious.
Either way, I like Agitha. So, unless we get Groose or Ooccoo she'll probably be my main.
Speaking of that. Wasn't online co-op confirmed? I find it odd I never saw a news article for it on here.

arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83 said:

Meh... The more i see the game, the less i get it... It looks all the same, except for the animations that each single character uses to kill the mob...

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

I have to admit that I did not expect them to make the bug-loving Agitha a playable character. Should be quite interesting to use her!

Klinny

Klinny said:

Haha, I actually think she's really cute. I'll definitely play her! I also like that they're including a wide range of character types, as well as bringing in background characters and making them playable. It kind of lets you experience Hyrule from new different perspective, (though I realize this isn't exactly canon, lol).

Though I would be really stoked to see Tingle or Groose!

yemsols

yemsols said:

Lame. I can already see it'll be annoying to play as her cause her move sets suck when it comes to the practicality of mowing things down while feeling you have control of the character. Koei always pumps out a character/characters that suck to play as in their warriors games and she seems to be one of those. Definitely my second least favorite character after Link.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Wasn't really too interested in that particular character, but now... I can't even wait to play as the character I was LEAST interested in! This is getting a bit crazy!

Now announce that treasure chest for the rest of the world already!

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Yes,.she's different,.but that's the point. By making as many very different.characters as possible, it helps to reduce the amount of samey characters and helps to make sure that's there's something for everyone.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

The diversity of the characters seen so far has been great, really looking forward to seeing what tingle can do and my god I want that scarf! I know he's he hero of time but the digital clock is a bit of a rubbish pack-in, it just looks a bit cheap.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

@arnoldlayne83 It basically is, have you ever played a warriors game? They are basic in premise and the mobs often don't provide a challenge, instead being a combo extending or XP farming tool. As you play you'll be given areas on the map which need to be given help or tasks which need to be completed like breaking down a wall or killing a general and that's where the meat of the game lies, you could totally ignore all of the basic baddies if you wanted, though you might get swamped on occasion in the later levels. It sounds rubbish, but playing them can become addictive, especially in multiplayer and I bet everything we have seen so far will be from the first couple of stages, themselves part of a large story with multiple paths depending on the character you play as.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@MixMasterMudkip As far as I know there will be no online, co-op or else, only local play. I wish though ... I would get that game in an instant. As things stand, I will skip it, I can't bear playing DW games alone and honestly I don't know anyone around here that is into those at all .... too bad and a missed opportunity, I'm still not sure how one could pull something like this in 2014, esp. for apparently no good reason at all. I mean why ?

SamirMalik

SamirMalik said:

@arnoldlayne83 Well from what I've heard, these ads are playing the game on easy to lure in people who like over the top action. On hard, mobs are bigger and you have to strategize.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@SamirMalik See top ... ^^ Hope it's not some kind of mistake, but sounds legit so far. If so I'm all in, online is all I wanted :-D

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Rather intrigued. Agitha was definitely one of my favourite Twilight Princess characters, so much so that I didn't mind her fetch quest.

Her fighting style is... interesting, though it doesn't look nearly efficient as everyone else's. Worse, her voice is terribly annoying.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@ralek85
So we have characters to come from Ocarina aye? I think we are likely to get Darbus over Darunia as that way they can exploit chain combat as well as Fyrus.
It's likely to be some of the sages then, most likely Ruto with a Mikau style moveset and Nabooru.

I hope they add too or reduce the frequency of Agitha's soundbites...

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

@Ralek85 There's the article I was talking about. Also, since we're apparently getting Ocarina of Time characters I'm going to put Mido on my list of wanted characters.

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

So cool this is on my must buy list for this year.

I just love abusing the joypad buttons. DW is a guilty secret

TheJebou

TheJebou said:

@Shambo Yes I have to get that treasure box!! :3

I really liked Agitha even in the TP days even when she had such a small role, I can't even describe how excited I am now that I saw this :)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Pretty awesome bugs if I do say so myself. Big, green beetles bringing the pain

allav866

allav866 said:

Koei and Nintendo better have plans to sell the soundtrack. Aside from that, I hope that treasure box thing comes to western countries, cos I definitely want that clock AND that scarf!

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Agreed. More diversity in characters is essential.
Triforce alarm clock? Zelda U inspired scarf?
Where can I sign up??

Shambo

Shambo said:

@TheJebou @allav866 I'll get my hands on that treasure box one way or another, but I'd really hate it if Nintendo made it hard for non-Japanese people. I mean, we ALL know it would sell anywhere. The game, but maybe even ESPECIALLY the treasure box. If I considered the game unnecessary for my Zelda collection, that box and clock are still 'vital'.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

She does look fun but she squeals a lot, I may get over that. It gives her personality so we really shouldn't be complaining

Cia

Cia said:

I hope this is the only joke character. It kind of defeats the entire idea of war, if every Hyrulean villager is able to beat up horde's of monsters with ease.

Nintendboy14

Nintendboy14 said:

Why do people say she's an odd pick those familiar with dynasty warriors know there are plenty of little girls that are playable and Hyrule warriors needed a cute little girl I know my daughter would love to play as her

Henmii

Henmii said:

Man, she's a giggler. But other then that, she looks like a cool addition.