Video: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Footage Shows Legacy of Music for First Six Games

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Everyone has a favourite track

It may be unlikely to be a multi-million selling smash hit, but we expect some 3DS owners are pretty keen to get their hands on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call this September. The expanded version of the original will have plenty of new content, bringing the total number of tracks to over 200; that should keep most busy for a while.

With music from throughout the series, Final Fantasy fans can certainly look forward to what's coming, with the solid rhythm-music stylus controls proving a success in the first entry. A collector's edition will have a case, two CDs and CollectaCards, while some pre-orders will also receive a 5-track CD — those that love the series' music must be sorely tempted.

Nintendo has now released a couple of "Legacy of Music" videos giving snippets of tracks from the first six games, sure to get nostalgia going for the NES and SNES era, in particular. Check them out below and let us know what you think.

Final Fantasy I - III

Final Fantasy IV - VI

invictus4000

invictus4000 said:

I liked the original but not sure if I want to invest in another. Too much of the same thing I think.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Mystic Quest music and option for non touch screen controls makes this worth it.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Having everything that was in the iOS version and not in the 3DS version makes this worth it to me.

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

doesn't seem to have enough to make be buy it again, seems like the same old game to me

AK-1138

AK-1138 said:

LOL, I'm having a hard time coming up with even three memorable X-2 or XII tunes. Oh well, I'll wait for the price drop anyways.

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

SqEnix sure is lucky to have the sense to release this on my birthday...

@ThomasBW84 I like this piece of info, but aren't you guys quite a bit late? I saw this at Siliconera nearly a week ago.