Tomodachi Life Demo Hitting The North American 3DS eShop Today

Posted by Damien McFerran

Limit of 20 plays, no Panda suit

Have you picked up Tomodachi Life yet? Just in case you're still on the fence, Nintendo of America is releasing a free demo on the 3DS eShop today which will allow you to get a small taste of what the game is all about.

It's pretty much the same deal as the Move-In / Welcome version of the game, but the demo will be limited to 20 plays and won't feature the Panda suit.

We've contacted Nintendo UK to see if a demo is also on the cards for Europe, and have been told that for the time being, this promotion is exclusive to North America. However, it's worth remembering that UK retailer GAME is currently running a "buy one, get one half price" offer on the title.

Let us know if you're planning on giving this a spin, and let us know your impressions by posting a comment below.

Theober555

Theober555 said:

A demo is what I need! I'm still on the fence, and no-one I know has the game so I can't get a Move-In Version. Hope this comes to the UK!

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@Theober555 Are you a Club Nintendo member? It's worth checking your inbox as I think Nintendo sent out random Welcome Version codes to some people.

DinoFett

DinoFett said:

Can't stop playing. For now it's the only 3ds game I need. I hope this Demo will cause people to purchase the full version.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm always happy to see a demo - retail, download only, AAA, shovelware - a demo is a demo, 20 try limit and all. I think we'll all be downloading this one, my wife hardly ever touches her 3DS now that she has a Nook HD. Though she did recently start playing Okamiden. Nothing to lose for them or us.

So I'm guessing even though the demo is coming on a Wed instead of a Thurs during the normal store update we still have to wait until 12 noon ET, 9AM PT? My kid just checked and couldn't find it.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Bad timing for me with Guacamelee and Armillo hitting tomorrow.

I still remember the tantrums over the CN only demo. Here you go!

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I'm a little confused about how you get the Panda Suit. I have the retail version, I then gave my two demo codes to my son and nephew. My son unlocked the Panda Suit in his demo, but I never received it in my game. Can someone tell me what I'm not doing or what I'm missing? My son has since downloaded the full game.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

@Link506 Same. I've played the Move-in version for like 5 minutes then exited out of it. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. Will be giving this game one more chance.

Firoy

Firoy said:

I will get the demo, i am not a big fan of this kind of games (except Haverst Moon), but maybe is fun.

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

No sure if this will really help me decide. The problem is I've played the original, and I got bored with that. I really don't see anything to different that will make me love this one. Anyway, it's worth a try I suppose

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

The charm of this game isn't apparent in the first hour of play, but in the days after that when you finally have some people in your apartment and the relationships and drama start to unfold. Stick with it if you've tried it and weren't blown away. It's a slow-burn game. With plenty of weird, LOL moments along the way.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

@LittleIrves
I agree 100%. I received this game as a gift. I didn't even want the game but since it was a gift, I played it and gave it a chance. I've played everyday since I got it. You definitely have to play it a couple hours to get into it. I tend to play it in half hour sessions and it's great.

SuperMikey

SuperMikey said:

I feel like the demo was WAAAAY too short but it is a demo... It was also a bit tame but after hearing from others that you'll have to go through a couple hours or so before it picks up, I'm back at Square 1 (a little better than that but whatever).

gregrout

gregrout said:

20 plays is like giving the game away for free. In 5 days you can see all there is to see.

BlackHearted1

BlackHearted1 said:

I wasn't planing on getting it, it never looked interesting to me, but then again i never looked at it much, but i'll definitely try the demo after i find my charger, haven't used my 3ds in forever.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

So can the progress from the demo version be transferred over to the full game?