Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright Art Books Coming West from UDON Entertainment

Posted by Karen Halloran

Top-notch finger-pointing for your coffee table

Art direction fanatics who can read this are in for a treat now that UDON Entertainment will be bringing two new art books to English-speaking territories; one for Phoenix Wright's latest "I can't shout OBJECTION! on the bus" screen-tapping epic Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and another for the Professor Layton series of puzzle-packed adventures.

Level-5, the development home of Professor Layton, champions some of the most expressive and innovative visuals available in gaming today, and soon the Professor Layton Official Fanbook will be available for western audiences' analogue perusing pleasure. Rumours of hint coins falling out of the book when shaken have so far not been confirmed.

Not to be outdone in recognisability and dramatic gestures, Capcom's Phoenix Wright and his cast of extra-, pseudo-, and de facto legal eagles will also be leaping off of the screen and onto wood pulp in The Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies; featuring art from Phoenix Wright's triumphant return to the courtroom and resulting verbal outbursts.

We also suspect that no amount of rubbing the two volumes together will once again cause Phoenix and the Professor to team up to reveal the secrets of a town shrouded in mystery, but please comment if you're planning (or not) to try.

[via tinycartridge.com]

DonnaxNL

DonnaxNL said:

Aah... Professor Layton AND Phoenix Wright art books, not Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright art books xD

ekreig

ekreig said:

I love how angry Pearl looks on that cover. You can just tell what she's thinking: "Maya and I were replaced by these two?! WEAK."

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

As I said before with the game itself: if the price is Wright I will drop my (hint) coins for this.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

I don't normally go for art books like this.....but I might make an exception for Ace Attorney.

I know she wasn't in Dual Destinies (really) but it still makes me sad not seeing Maya on the cover.

mullen

mullen said:

I have the offcial fan book coming with Ace Attorney 123, which is great (altough that means I paid much more than the upcoming western version Ace Attorney 123)

Iggly

Iggly said:

Man the artwork looks beautiful, I'm not sure if I'll buy an art book because I'm always low on money.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This is one of the funniest written articles I've seen on this site, good job Karen.
It's nice to see Flora again, although I'm surprised she made the cover over Emmy.

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

Wait.. Flora is on the cover with the characters from the Emmy Arc / before Flora met Layton? Is the time skip just to put all the characters in the book or what?