Pokémon Center Online Store Returning to North America on 6th August

Posted by Andrew Karklins

Pokémon merchandise without the need to import

The Pokémon Center stores, a common sight in the Japanese market, will be making the trek across the Atlantic and will launch an online store in North America later this summer.

The online store will launch on 6th August and will allow consumers to purchase a variety of merchandise ranging from Pokémon plushes and notebooks to iPhone cases and water bottles. The site held a soft launch earlier this week, providing certain outlets a glimpse at some of the various merchandise that will soon be available.

The Pokémon Center chain of retailers is not a newcomer to the North American market; there are currently three brick and mortar Pokémon Center locations. Two are located in Washington State while the third is located in New York City at the Nintendo World Store. The Pokémon Center online store was also once available to North American consumers in the past — the store closed, however, on 1st February 2008 as The Pokémon Company wanted to focus more on its retail locations.

Will you be purchasing any Pokémon related merchandise when the store launches? Let us know in the comments below.

[via polygon.com]

Blast

Blast said:

Anything that's Pokemon Platinum related (my favorite game of all time) I'm buying it.

mamp

mamp said:

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG Pikachu stuff!!! Have I died and gone to heaven, but then they realized it was the wrong guy so they put me back and then I went to work to read an article on NL that I can finally buy all the Pikachu swag I want O_o

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

@RainbowGazelle hey hey hey hey hey hey stop right there M8. you guys got Pokemon Art academy before us I'm still waiting to learn how to draw me some pikachus so shush.

hypercoyote

hypercoyote said:

Man, I remember getting stuff from that store, most notably Pokemon Box. I loved that software :)

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

gasp Legendary beast shirts!

If they ship to Australia, I'll be all over this.

I don't know what I'd do if I ever set foot into a Pokémon Center in Japan though. I'd probably never leave. XD

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

What do you mean "just go visit?" :P

I'm not travelling overseas just to blow cash on Pokémon merchandise… as tempting as that may be. :D

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Figures. A couple weeks before I finally get to NYC, all my Pokemon needs will be available online. At least there's still the rest of Nintendo World...

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I remember getting Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire, some Pokedolls (including a Shadow Lugia), and figures from the old Pokemon Center website. It's great to see them back!

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

anybody know where the ones in washington are? i know theres one near seattle but i cant find out where the other one is. i want to go so bad, i had no idea there was two right here in washington.

Smooching

Smooching said:

Ugh, I agree that it's a pity that they don't have such a thing in Europe...
I think I'll have to throw my cutest face at a friend of mine in the US...

grimey73

grimey73 said:

@torotoid64 Yeah, 'cos getting the odd game early (note: only early and not exclusively) and having a Pokemon themed/dedicated store right on your doorstep enabling one to buy an abundance of Pokemon gear that anyone outside the US is going to have to buy at exorbitant prices (shipping etc) is the same thing....good one.

MagicBox

MagicBox said:

Aside from the Japanese blu-ray for "Pocket Monsters: The Origin," 100% of my Pokémon imports are the soundtrack CDs for the cartoon. I highly doubt these American stores will get anything like that, so I doubt this will replace Amazon Japan as my go-to Poké-store. Still, this will be really fun to browse for little things like plushies and such. Cool news.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Since there is a Pickachu amiibo this will probably be a front for all amiibo figures. At least it will be if they are smart. :-)

handinhand12

handinhand12 said:

@3dcaleb Yeah there's one in Northgate Mall in north Seattle and another in Tacoma Mall. Honestly, unless you happen to be in the area, don't worry about missing them. They're not even actual stores, but just little vending machines. It's cool to see but not worth a trip to one. I haven't been to the one in Tacoma but I live across the street from the Seattle one and all it has are a some plushies, some games, and some small figurines. It's all stuff that you could very easily find online or in other stores. But wouldn't it be awesome if we got full stores?

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@Lalivero Save one for me too please! :D
@RainbowGazelle Meanwhile over here in the US I'm still waiting on Art Academy and other games you guys have.
@onery V
@Silent Must resist buying them all...GAH!
@Blast Ah so somebody else knows the true best game as well?~ :)

Hm so this is where my paycheck will be going.