Miiverse Update Allows You To List Favourite Game Genres and Add Lines To Posts

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Because it's mine, I write with lines

Have you ever been writing a post on Miiverse and thought, "darn it, why won't it let me share my message in multiple, perfectly placed lines"? Or perhaps you're wanted to share with the world that you love puzzle games and platformers above all else? If either of those wishes applies to you, then you're in luck.

Nintendo's announced on Miiverse that it's made a couple of simple tweaks to the social network, both of which are relatively minor yet are certainly welcome.

1) In all versions of Miiverse, you can now write posts and comments on multiple lines.
Previously when writing a post/comment, pressing Enter would have no effect on the final post - all new line characters would be changed into spaces. However, these new lines will now be taken into account when posting, so you can post on multiple lines - just like in this post.

Note:

-When viewing a list of posts, you will not see any new lines. They will only be visible when you select the post.
-You will get an error if your post/comment includes too many new lines. If you get an error, please rewrite your post/comment, reducing the amount of new lines.

2) On the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Miiverse, you can now show up to three of your favourite game genres in your profile. Go to User Page => Profile Settings to set these genres.
This feature is not visible in the web version.

Not the most thrilling update, admittedly, but we shouldn't complain about the fact that Nintendo's constantly assessing and revising Miiverse in an effort to improve the service. Adding lines could be useful, anyway.

Like this, a whole new line.

Amazing scenes.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

This ought to make posts more organized to read, so I think this is a good, little update.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

yes a nice little update but i really wonder why something like lines wasn't implemented in the first place. is it that hard to program? i doubt that

Iggly

Iggly said:

I hope a future update will give you the option to put your top 3 favorite games. ;)

smikey

smikey said:

It's about time they added the lines for posts, long posts in particular look a mess when it's been written.
I just wish they'd add the ability to edit your own posts as it is if you make an error or miss out some info you either have to delete the whole thing or add notes underneath.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I think all the games should be arranged onto a globe which maps where the game was primarily developed.... or at least that should be an option. Two columns of games doesn't quite do enough.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

In all seriousness I think it would have been better if you could list your favourite 3 Wii U and/or 3DS games. It would have made much more sense and said more than vague genre tags.

ddbangsy

ddbangsy said:

Yeah, this is good. I'm happy Nintendo are constantly looking at ways to improve the service. Here's to many more.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

That's handy. I posted some stuff yesterday that I spaced by lines and after it grouped it up, I had to delete and repost it to make it look better. lol.

dumedum

dumedum said:

the only addition i want to miiverse is the ability to exchange messages with someone through the web version.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

@DakotaM47 platformers are usually considered a sub-genre of action games. Even Nintendo announced SM3DW as the next '3D Mario action platforming game' when they mentioned it in the January 2013 Direct.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

It's funny the kind of rumors spread on Miiverse.
Here, with lines, I will share 3 of my favorite, ridiculous rumors.
1) Wii U is cancelled.
2) Miiverse is being shutdown at the end of July / this weekend / Juky 15.
3) A secret group of users will start reporting EVERY post. Which is hilarious that anyone would falsely report or even think that's something people should be afraid of. Miiverse, for the record (in all seriousness) will ban a person faster for falsely reporting than for being offensive.

KingofSaiyans

KingofSaiyans said:

Nope. Miiverse nazis. My post got deleted because I posted that it feels nice to drink a glass of red wine while playing child of light. And my profile comment got blocked because it said, and I quote "add me if you want to play for fun". It did not contain an external link to another site or anything like that. I was talking strictly about Nintendo platforms...