Live: The Nintendo Gaming Lounge at San Diego Comic-Con

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and more

It's day three of San Diego Comic-Con, and the second day of Nintendo's live stream coverage of its Gaming Lounge area. Though multiple games are showcased, the focus is on the special Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament— yesterday's winner certainly got into the spirit of the occasion.

We can expect more action today — the broadcast is set to go live at 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern / 7pm UK / 8pm CET, and if you so choose you can check it out below.

Enjoy!

[via twitch.tv]

Inkling

Inkling said:

I'm not joking, I saw the image as a thumbnail and thought it was King K Rool, turns out it was Bowser :(

Sportsfan1712

Sportsfan1712 said:

I would like a donkey kong 64 sequel on Wii U, that brings back King K Rool and the Kremlings

Emblem

Emblem said:

I found it strange NL didn't cover day 1. The technical difficulties didn't seem to affect the viewers, around 30k average.

It made me appreate how amazing E3 Treehouse was paced and run, if E3 had the same issues as last night it would not have proved so popular and we may not have seen them again.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

@Emblem yeah, I watched parts of the live stream earlier today (it's been uploaded to Nintendo's main YouTube channel) and you either heard only the WaraWara lobby sounds in the background or it was completely silent in the (way too long) breaks. And WHEN the mics for the Nintendo Minute guys actually worked they were really quiet, too.
I didn't see everything, but I guess anyone who would've watched the stream at one of those times, would immediately close it again.
Kudos to the people who were able to sit through all of it.

the commentary for the smash marches was really good, tho imo. At least better than the commentators for the Invitational, but I don't like those super loud, more or less screaming commentaries in general, so it's probably just me ;)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Yeah, I can see someone mistaking green Bowser for K. Rool at first. Quit tempting me to make me want him more, guys.

Still, it is cool to finally see a green palette swap for Bowser. It makes sense because of Bowser's original green sprite in Super Mario Bros. and King Koopa from the old Mario cartoons.

JSaario

JSaario said:

Yesterday was really bad, the finale's match was easily the most interesting part but so far today is looking much better.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm excited that The Mystery of Murasame Castle is finally coming to North America on August 7th!

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

This was refreshing to watch. After seeing how boring wavedashing and edge-hogging made SSB:Melee at EVO....it's just good to see gamers playing SSB and not boring me to death with un-interesting techniques.

Could've done without all the character mirroring but still, it was fun.

@destinyman That is great news! I've been wanting to play that game again for soooo long after getting a small taste of it sometime in the mid-90's.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

Again, the streams were too focused on Smash which was rather disappointing. Sure the 3DS tournament was there so that was obvious for the 1st day but it was generally for both days:
Smash Wii U
[insert other game]
Smash Wii U
[insert other game]... etc

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Yeah whatever, I dont see it as entertaining. Just a lot of commentators acting like bad radio hosts to boring pidgeon-holed playstyles and character choices.

Most of the other games at EVO had exciting moments though. Opinions...go figure.