Guess What, The Original Mortal Kombat Cast Had A Reunion

Posted by Damien McFerran

Flawless victory

Mortal Kombat may have gained notorious headlines for its blood and gore, but it's important to remember that it made excellent use of digitised live actors — something which gave it a unique edge in the battle against Capcom's Street Fighter II.

Last weekend, some of those very same actors — including Lia Montelongo (Sindel), Richard Divizio (Kano, Baraka, Kabal and Quan Chi), Kerri Ann Hoskins Branson (Sonya Blade) and Anthony Marquez (Kung Lao) — gathered at the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield, Illinois for a reunion of sorts. The event was Shang Tsung’s Fight Night IV, and boasted ten of the original cast from the first three Mortal Kombat outings, as well as some of the developers who created the games.

The event was packed with fans, who got a chance to have photos taken with the cast and get items autographed. As you can see from this vast selection of photos, good fun was had by all.

As a bonus, Daniel Pesina — the guy who played Johnny Cage, Sub Zero, Scorpion and Reptile — was videoed outside the event messing about with a rope dart. Enjoy!

[via kotaku.com, retroids.com]

Cobra

Cobra said:

MK was so cool back when it was digital. Would have loved to be there.

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

@Cobra I didn't like the look of it AT ALL when it first came out, but my friend got it and some of my fondest memories are of MK1-3. That green blood on SNES lol

A1234

A1234 said:

my friend Doc Mack owns Galloping Ghost Arcade, the largest arcade in the world. i frequent this amazing arcade. Doc is a huge Mortal Kombat fan and even created an arcade game that is similar but so much better. he often has Mortal Kombat night when usually 2 or 3 actors show up and is always a good time. i unfortunately missed this one and the first time most of the cast was there at once! also Steve Richie was there once. i met John Parrish, Daniel Pesina and Carlos Pesina. all super friendly and i even played Mortal Kombat with them. happy to see this posted

Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r said:

The only Mortal Kombat I've played is 'DC vs MK', and I know it's nothing like a true Mortal Kombat experience. :/

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Coolness. Wow, they still all look the same! And Pesina is very impressive with that rope dart! :)

Rafie

Rafie said:

@sinalefa She was from MK3. I met her when I was 15 when I came in 4th place at a big MK tournament in Columbus, Ohio. Very pretty and more importantly..... down to earth!

Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 said:

@sinalefa Kerri Hoskins played Sonya in "Mortal Kombat 3". She replaced Elisabeth Malecki, who portrayed the character in the first two games, after the latter lost a suit against Midway over royalties.