Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Forty Four

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Massive pixels! Outfits! More Mii characters! Other Things!

Super Smash Bros. is still approaching, as we continue to grasp at straws and say that this week will mark the three month mark for the arrival of the 3DS version. How time crawls when Smash is on the way.

Masahiro Sakurai and his team are no doubt gearing up and putting in extra hours to finish the job, though the franchise leader continues to serve up daily screens on the Director's Room Miiverse community. This week we learn how a Mii's size can impact their fighting style, while stages, outfits and cameos are also shown off.

Some neat screens this week — check them out below and click on the date heading to visit the posts in question and give them a Yeah.

23rd June

24th June

25th June

26th June

27th June

Another week down, Smash fans. Let us know which are your favourites in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (356 votes)

Rosalina admires some lovely pixel work

Link poses in his apprentice outfit

37%

Some Villagers do battle with balloons

Nabbit steals Luigi from Kirby, apparently

26%

Mario looks impressed by two Mii Fighters

17%

Um, I can't decide

I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Man, it's clear now that their are MORE than 4 costumes per character!!! Both Link and Little Mac had 4 costumes (just different colours) playable at E3 but they both have at least one additional costume confirmed! I'm hoping for 8 costumes each!

DakotaM47

DakotaM47 said:

Nabbit and Link. I still think Nabbit should've been playable in Mario Kart 8 though.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@DakotaM47 I expected that. I guess they underestimated his popularity when deciding the roster? At any rate, I'm sure he's high in the queue for DLC (after Baby Wario, Bronze Daisy, Metal Baby Mario, Baby Metal Mario and Pink Gold Baby Peach)

rjejr

rjejr said:

I really enjoyed the Zelda U trailer at E3, but man Link looks good here, like Assassins Creed 3. Now I wish he had that style in the new game :-(

Oh well, I'll forget all about this by the time the new Zelda game releases. :-)

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa - I spent 900 coins last night on 2 Kirby games, Mario Party 2 and Mario stationary. Going to get WW HD this after noon. Maybe Ill send ya a bottle. (Ok I have no idea whatsoever how any of that works.)

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

I really like the link picture because it proves his tunic is not a small tiling picture, which could help greatly in texture hacking.

FilmerNgameR

FilmerNgameR said:

Is Link wearing his TP outfit because the description says that it is his SS outfit. But it looks more like TP though?

Mega719

Mega719 said:

Today's Pic confirms that there may be multiple costumes for each character. Or that Wire frame was really just a palette swap

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

I had no expiring coins so I did not spend any. I need to pick up my WWHD as well. So I will be looking forward to that bottle.

What is Mario stationary?

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

Y'know, I don't care what the NintendoLife critics/reviewers say, "Balloon Fight" was an awesome game. ("Balloon Kid" for Gameboy & 3DS is good to.) I can't tell if he's implying there's a "Balloon Fight" mode in the game, (which would be awesome) or if they just recreated that moment with the AC characters.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I voted for Nabbit stealing Luigi. I thought he would be stealing items instead of fighters, but then that purpose would be defeated if items were turned off.

Also, with Link's Skyward Sword tunic and today's pink sweatshirt for Little Mac, the prospect for more costumes couldn't be higher.

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

Had to vote for 'can't decide' on this one, seeing as I really think (almost) all of them are great.

Tiberius29

Tiberius29 said:

How about the female Strikers Charged uniforms in Super Smash Bros. U? That would awesome! It's like battle armor so you can fight in it too, against other players...

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Link's outfit is a no-brainer. Also, today's very post showed two more outfits for Little Mac. This is going crazy, and I'm loving every mere second of it. Hopefully every character will get at least one different costume, such as a full Daisy outfit for Peach, an Awakening costume for Marth, Ike's Brawl model, black-eyed M&L alts for Mario and Luigi, you name it.

HylianJowiStaff

HylianJowi said:

I just wish they didn't have Link wearing his hat in the costume. Looks pretty goofy. XD

Henmii

Henmii said:

That Link tunic looks a bit different! Maybe its a hint to the upcoming Zelda?

Henmii

Henmii said:

Wich makes it a new tunic, in my opinion! Ah, it may mean nothing. At least it looks cool.

Kiokothepirate

Kiokothepirate said:

You know, I haven't heard anything about them putting a level creator in these games like they did in Brawl. I hope they bring it back though. At least on the Wii U version.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Dude! 4 player balloon fight... I've been begging for that for years!
Is it actually some sort of minigame? or just a shot from a Balloon Fight stage?